Frame buffer size

Discussion in 'BIOS Optimization Guide (BOG)' started by julienbdxx, Jun 24, 2009.

1. julienbdxx

julienbdxx Newbie

Hi everyone,
    I actually need to set my frame buffer size but my bios is an AMI and i can t find the option to do so.
    I also tried to install tweakbios to see if the option will become available but cause i have xp i couldn t use it.
    So my question is the following : is there any way that i can set my frame buffer size ? Thank you

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

The Frame Buffer Size BIOS option is only available if your motherboard has an onboard graphics chip. Even then, some motherboard manufacturer do not provide the option to change it.

3. julienbdxx

julienbdxx Newbie

all right thanks anyway , i asked that cause i knew it was the only way to not have those coloured lines all over my screen cause i did it with an other computer before, is there any other way to fix that? cheers

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Coloured lines? The frame buffer size doesn't have anything to do with that. Even the smallest size (8 MB) in current motherboards is enough to support a resolution of 1600x1200 @ 32-bit.

If you get visual artifacts, then you should look at the memory. It is usually a sign of bad memory, either graphics memory if you are using a dedicated graphics card, or bad system memory if you are using the onboard graphics which uses system memory.