Fuji S1000fd

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cyberwarrior, May 20, 2008.

1. Cyberwarrior

Cyberwarrior BOG Translator

If anyone here owns this camera,please get back to me.
    I have a question.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hi Cyberwarrior, maybe you can just tell us what the question is. Even if we do not own the Fuji S1000FD, we may still be able to answer it.

3. Cyberwarrior

Mr Wong I tested a while back a S700.Whenever I had a low light situation,the flash would pop up to compensate.This was done automatically,without me having to do anything.
    In the case of the S1000,flash remains closed,and a little yellow camera appears on the right side.If I meter the shot,it will still be exposed,and if I manually open the flash the yellow camera goes away and the shot can still be taken only brighter.Could this have something to do with ISO ratings?
    Max is 1600 vs 3200 for the 1000fd.On this model,flash seems to work,only when manually released.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the ISO rating. The S1000fd should support automatic flash triggering in low-light situations, unless you force it off.

Can you check the settings to see if auto-flash had been forced off? Check if "Suppressed Flash" was enabled.

5. Cyberwarrior

I'll look now.

Edit: I think this camera is defective,I set it to do forced flash and still flash won't pop up.

Last edited: May 20, 2008