Gears Of War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by ianho, Nov 15, 2007.

1. ianho

ianho Newbie

Everytime xmas season comes around, my wallet starts to ache coz of the blockbuster games. Shud call it walletbuster games. :lol:

Reserved this at TSB n just got it today. Cant wait to play it. I was gonna buy the Xbox360 just for this game n Lost Planet. Luckily I didnt buy it coz at that time, the whole of Sim Lim Square n Orchard road had no stocks of both games. Now both came out for PC n looks even better n got bonus content for PC only sumore. Kekekeke. PC Gaming roxors!

[​IMG]

Unfortunatelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I cant play games in the next few days. Something unfortunate happened n I will oni haf time for games next week.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Aren't you too busy with Crysis??? :D

3. ianho

ianho Newbie

I ordered it at the same time as Crysis n they called me to collect GOW 1 day after Crysis. Worst thing is something unfortunate happened n I haf no time for both games. lol

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Then maybe we should "borrow" your Crysis! :twisted:

5. ianho

ianho Newbie

Man this game is awesome. I like it more than Crysis. It's sorta like Lost Planet. Boom boom boom all the way, no rest. NICE.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

GoW is awesome.

One of the few games that made me buy a 360. :p

7. ianho

ianho Newbie

I almost bought the Xbox360 when I was in Singapore a few months back. I wanted the xbox just for Lost Planet n GOW. I walked the whole of SLS n Orchard Road. All the shops didnt have Lost Planet so I didnt buy the xbox. Lucky me. Now all can play on PC. :)

8. I spent many hours playing GEARS on the 360 it's great fun when you get locked in a fire fight especially in multiplayer. I am a little upset they released extra content for PC buyers and still listed the game for the same price. Double upset that I had to pay for 2 additional map packs as well.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That good???

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Gears of War is awesome!

LOL!

Like i said, it was good enough to be one of the reasons why I got an XBOX 360. :o

11. ianho

ianho Newbie

This game gobbles up tons of ram. In fact it's the highest ram usage I've seen amongst the new games. 90% + usage all the time based on 2gb. I was sufferring that stuttering issue big time. I've since plugged my extra 2gb back into the rig and done the "OnlyStreamInTextures=TRUE" thingy n it's much better after that. Still stutters occasionally but not like b4.

12. 10071985

10071985 Newbie

this game really need a superb processor and cpu
    i have to tune everything down to be able to play
    but the game play is awesome

13. dukeman

dukeman Newbie

i played most of the game. it is pretty good. really smooth playing with everything cranked to the max

14. rogue_tomato

rogue_tomato Newbie

I realize that this is an older thread, but what does everyone think of the extra content for the PC version? Is it worth shelling out the extra $'s if you own the 360 version, or is the extra stuff just filler?

15. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

I think it has some extra levels or something like that?

I dunno, don't think it's worth if you already played on x360.

16. cvasquez

cvasquez Newbie

I have played both Gears of War and Crysys.
    Graphics wise they are both SICK!

Play wise GEARS OF WAR baby!!!!! NO DOUBT!

17. Disp0sabl3

Disp0sabl3 Newbie

GoW is a sweet game, but can get pretty repetitive pretty fast. and online for me isnt that great because of the lag and the people who abuse glitches

im pretty pumped for Gears of War 2 tho, apperntly there calling the first a teaser of things to come

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  18. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

I Like This Game Very Much. :D

19. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Well, i play this game before but had to uninstall (not enough hdd space) And i admit..this game kicks ass..The graphic is as good as the Xbox 360. I got this game because my brother likes the game very much XD..He was guiding me until where he finishes the begining stages :D

20. danteoddjob

danteoddjob Newbie

wow.

Watch the trailer already, i can say "WOW"
    I like this game, suitable for me. :)
    is my type of game, this game rocks.