Ghost recon 2 advanced warfighter and Geforce 7300 AGP

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by emeightde@hotmail., Sep 25, 2007.

1. i picked up a Geforce 7300 AGP and i am pleased with its performance. but i have a question i installed my copy of Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter and with my new nvidia card it wont let me play the game for some reason... i have all the requirements but when i load the game the graphics are all screwed up its almost like a clipping mode i cant see anything just wire frame.. lemme know if you have any suggestions on that topic.. thx in advance

2. nearownkira

nearownkira Newbie

your should upgrade ur graphic card or set the detail setting to the lowest.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Different problem altogether but with potentially the same solution. Did you install the latest driver? Or the driver that came with the card?

Also, what OS are you using now? Vista or Windows XP?

4. windows Xp is the Operating system. i have a 512mb AGP graphics card.. i couldnt believe that ghost recon would need any more juice then that to play on normal auto detected settings ill give it a shot tho and yeah i actually installed the drivers from the cd that came with it and it said those were outta date so i updated from nvidia.com with the latest, or at least i think the latest drivers... thx for the advice

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Try updating the drivers first.

6. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. If you updated it with the latest NVIDIA driver, then it should not be a problem. But also check the motherboard drivers and BIOS as well. Make sure they are updated.

7. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

I did my GRAW2 review with the 8600GT OC and HD2600XT and both worked very well.

Now the thing is, could you even reach the menu and change graphic settings? If you could, I suggest you try that first.

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

probably graphic driver problem.

i cannot play GRAW2 using my windows stock drivers or dell drivers. had to download from nvidia. nvidia 7400 (laptop)

9. yeah i can navigate the games GUI but once it loads it gets all wireframy.. after it actually loads the mission.. I changed the settings to the lowest and it worked fine but the graphics were piss poor.. ill prolly have to just make due... i thought the 7300 had a little more power then that but i guess not.. i have all the updated drivers from nvidia so it shouldn't be that problem.. thx for all the advice once again

10. Adrian Wong were would i go to update bios and motherboard drivers.. any suggestions.. the manufacture of the products or is there a site you would recommend..? thx

11. Adrian Wong

Oh, it depends entirely on your motherboard manufacturer. What motherboard are you using? Or is your system from a vendor like Dell or HP?

12. Its an HP a250n thats the model number.. its the 2.6ghz with hyperthreading so would i get the bios and motherboard update from the HP site?

13. Adrian Wong

Yes, you will need to get the updates from HP.

14. talha95

talha95 Newbie

even i have a problem when i started the game's mission i changed the weapons gear and started then the graphics started to scramble and the computer restarted. but if i don't change the gear it wont restart

15. Adrian Wong

Did you update the game and driver?