Got a P5LD2 Motherboard. Having trouble installing windows xp.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Fabulous, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

Hey guys. my problems is that i'm not able to install win xp pro on this pc i'm building. the pc consist of:

P5LD2 Motherboard
    BFG 6600GT OC 128MB
    OCZ 1GB (2x 512MB) Gold Series DDR667
    Maxtor 100GB 7200RPM S-ATA
    Maxtor 30GB Diamond Plus 60 7200RPM IDE

The problem that keep poping trying to install winxp is a blue screen when everuything finish loading and stuff. Says something wrong with the hard drive or such. Keep getting these errors showing this:

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configered and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

***STOP 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0x0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Really giving me a headache so i'm reaching to u guys for help.
    Thank you

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like hardware related issues. Make sure all of them are working properly, especially the RAM. What about the CPU speed? Make sure they are all correctly set.

3. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

yeah they all hook up nice and firmly. i dont know about the cpu but it didnt chip or anything while installing the cpu chip on the board and it shows it properly in bios as well. everything seems to works. just when it comes to installing win xp things just doesnt go my way.
    forgot to add. btw the cpu on the board is Intel Pentium 4 630, 3.0 GHz, 2MB L2, 800 MHz FSB, Socket LGA775, HT Technology

4. Chai

The first suspect, RAM.

5. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

RAM? it seems fine detectable running fine. so what u suggesting? hmm i'm gonna try updating to the latest bios since i havent tried that yet. tell u the results afterwards.

6. Chai

Running fine doesn't mean they are not completely functional. Some broken bits will cause crashes like that. Try running Memtest.

7. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

Memtest? is that a program to run on windows? cuz my other computer cant support the ocz rams.

8. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

could it be the 100GB HDD not detected by Windows. perhaps try to install on the 30GB HDD instead? i know larger capacity HDD's usually need some newer drivers installed for it first...

my 200GB SATA Maxtor HDD had this problem.. :think:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nope, you can either boot it off a floppy disk or a CD.

Use the thorough test. You need to check if your memory modules are okay, or if they are the problem.

10. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

what i did was i unhook the 100gb sata hd and i'm using the ide. but still no luck. also u guys think it could be the memorys? well i guess i'm gonna try it out. wish me luck.

11. Adrian Wong

Yes, it could be the memory modules. You should test using Memtest86.

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

have you turned the AHCI (advanced host controller interface, enable it to turn SATA NCQ on) off?

13. Fabulous

Fabulous Newbie

i tried using the memtest but crap giving me a hard time to make the disk. i think i got too many bad floppys since i just leave lying all over the place.

14. Chai

You can use the ISO version instead.

15. Adrian Wong

Yeah, just write to a CD.

16. andyem

andyem Newbie

Here is the correct solution: Move the cdrom and hard drive onto the ide slot(blue). DONT RUN THE INSTALL CD FROM ANY DEVICES on the EIDE slots (the red ones). Windows XP gave the same error when I was running the install cd from an eide slot. Once this is done then run the install from this cd and it works perfectly. this has nothing to do with your ram or anything else in your system. TRUST ME. I went through hours trying to get this to work. Then oince the install is done and you install the IDE driver from the asus cd then put the hard drives or cdroms any way you want and everything will work perfectly.

Now that being a temporary solution. I assume windows xp needs an eide driver loaded from a floppy during the install so we dont have to go through this crap again. I'm still working on the permanent solution. Let me know how it goes.

17. andyem

andyem Newbie

here is a little more info on xp not being able to install eide.
    http://www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/15,25.html

Here are the files on the asus cdrom: i cant decide if its the ite8211 or the sata drivers that we use. They have makedisk in the folders there to make you a floppy so we dont have to go through this again. I'll try to get to the bottom of this and give you an answer.

-ITE8211
    -Driver
    -32bit -IT8211 ATA RAID Controller Driver and Application V1.3.2.0 for Windows 2000/XP/2003.(WHQL)
    -64bit -IT8211 ATA RAID Controller driver V1.3.2.0 for Windows 64bit XP/2003.(WHQL)

-SATA
    -SiI3132
    -32bit-RAID -Silicon Image Raid 5 Driver V1.2.3.1 and Utility for Windows XP/2K/2003(WHQL).
    -32bit-SATA -Silicon Image Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.9 for Windows XP/2K/2003.
    -32bit-DOS-RAID -Silicon Image SiI 3132 Raid 5 Driver V1.2.3.1 for XP/2K/2003.
    -32bit-DOS-SATA -Silicon Image SiI 3132 Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.9 for XP/2K/2003.

-64bit-RAID -Silicon Image Serial ATA Raid 5 Driver V1.2.3.1 for Windows 64bit XP/2003.
    -64bit-SATA -Silicon Image Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.4 for Windows XP/2K/2003.
    -64bit-DOS-RAID -Silicon Image SiI 3132 Raid 5 Driver V1.2.3.1 for XP/2K/2003.
    -64bit-DOS-SATA -Silicon Image SiI 3132 Serial ATA Driver V1.0.0.4 for XP/2K/2003.

18. invictive

invictive Newbie

I had the same problem when installing xp with that mobo.

The solution is quite simple, you need a couple of floppy disks, the Asus cd that came with the board (or visit the P5LD2 Deluxe section in the downloads area of asus.com) anyways, run the cd on a working computer, go to make floppies and make the ones you need. Raid, Sata, etc.

Now boot from your xp disk and press F6 where it asks if you need third party SCSI or raid drivers, now put the first floppy in, copy the files, and do the same for the rest. Keep the floppies handy because it will ask for them again during the install.

And you should be good to go. As soon as i got that figured out it was a breeze (with any version of xp)

Now if I could just figure out a way of running Mac OSx86 on this board...

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

that was simply because u had the AHCI turned on.

just disable it and the installation will be run just fine.
    AHCI (NCQ) doesn't help much (in fact, it worsen the performance) in single user mode.

20. badboy 99

badboy 99 Newbie

hi man

i have a p5ld2 deluxe motherboard and had the same problem

what you have to is go and disable your antivirus in your bios and that would do the thing

thanx badboy 99
    :thumb: