Got a P5LD2 Motherboard. Having trouble installing windows xp.

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by Fabulous, Jan 3, 2006.

1. badboy 99

badboy 99 Newbie

hi guy's

i had the same problem with my P5LD2 deluxe motherboard

the only thing you have to do is to disable your anti-virus in your Bios settings and thats that

regards
    badboy 99
    :thumb:

2. rdtshaw

rdtshaw Newbie

XP Load problem with lovely BSOD

The blue IDE connector for the cdrom is the fix. I was loading from a USB DVD drive and it would go through the F6 driver load for the Intel RAID, (I run Raid 1+0), and when it is about the bring up the welcome to windows setup screen in the text portion of the install, it would give same stop error. It is because the USB controller is not recognized during the install. I hooked up a regular old CD to the blue IDE connector and it installed lightning fast. I was pulling my hair out... I have 2 dual head PCIe video cards pushing 4 lcds, DDR2 ram, 4 SATA2 hdds, and some other odd things... I was pulling parts and loading defaults, all the usual stuff... I was thinking it was the ram, but all my other pc's and servers have reg pc3200... so thanks for posting the solution and I just wanted add my 2 cents to validate the blue connector solution.

Cheers,

Rob

BTW really stumped me because I had just loaded x64 XP with not a hiccup, but no Sonicwall VPN client for x64 and thats how I access 30+ clients for remote support and maintenance... why couldn't it just not support my printer like everyone else? :) So had to put 32bit back on.

3. sheistheboss

sheistheboss Newbie

EVERYONE THIS GUY KNOWS !!!!

The post above mentioning using the blue connector for the CDrom drive knows his stuff he has just ended a four day headache for me so all those that tell you to make a floppy and add sata drivers or to make custom windows install discs are simpley incorrect (or just trying to show people that they are more technically minded than they need to be) the problem is not that sata drives are not recognised the problem is that after the primary windows setup screen the cdrom is no longer recognised by windows setup if you are running the cdrom on the ultra ide (orange) ports. thank you again my friend you are a legend!!!!!