Graphic card....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by than1993, Jun 12, 2009.

1. than1993

than1993 Newbie

I am intrested to buy a new notebook but i don't know what graphic card i should choose:Nvidia Geforce 9600 Mobile GT or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 ??

2. eddie_al

eddie_al Newbie

Not sure if it is just me, but it seems as my priority in a notebook isn't same as yrs. since i dont think notebook can match a pc in terms of gaming, i would focus on other things such as the screen size, battery life, security features, the looks etc etc, and finally, the graphic capabilities. Basically, if it can run games smoothly, i'd consider it a bonus. If it can't, i'd consider it an expectation.

But~! if the battery dies within an hour while i am doing my work on the move, thats disaster. If the screen size is 15.4" and the notebook weights 3kg or more and u have to carry it around like it a stone, that's called "cari susah" (sorry i don't know the english term for it).

So, between the two, i think it doesn't really matter. and that's from my own experiance with my two old notebooks. one comes with an integrated nvidia chip (that just cant games smoothly, but works fine nonetheless), and another one with ati x1300 (works almost similarly, plays simple games). with this two, there is no clear winner or loser. they are both notebooks, what do you expect? =)

just to share some opinions.

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

possible a 4830 would be more powerful. i'm unsure myself.

different people have different priority. he probably wants a laptop that is capable of playing games :p

got myself a dell m1210 because i wanted mobility and some gaming (its outdated now.. :( )

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

First off, what do you intend to use your notebook for?

If it's just to play simple games like Sims, Warcraft III, etc. or to play videos, then any integrated graphics chip would work just fine.