Haze... :cry:

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ZuePhok, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

sigh...what sort of living quality is this? :evil:
    it's so bad now that I just dun feel like going home.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

the water supply in the PJ area has been like shit water for years...it tastes funny...and it looks yellowish..and thats after going through 2 filters..

and then we have Mr.haze...whats next? :? :? :? :evil:

2. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Is it really that bad over there?
    Well, we've got nothing like haze for decades.
    Only fine-dust-load in cities is worth mentioning (but that's worldwide I assume).

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

[​IMG]

look at the spotlight..

4. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

Oh, that's bad ...
    Is there no kind of environmental protection over there where you live (signed Kyoto protocol?)? :think:

Sometimes it's better to live in a small country with small cities like ours. :D ^^

5. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

this noon when I was cleaning my room, the air actually smelled like smoke..
    even though the visibility wasn't that bad when compared to the past (the worst -> 1997), the smoky smell was my first time in so many years.

I dun mind dirty water supply since we can source our drinking water from other supplier...but when it comes to the quality of the air Im breathing now....it's unacceptable..

it's 2:58am here, andIm going back now as office is too cold. will snap a couple more pics..laterz!

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

back..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

ahh. Phileo Damansara. :)

well, actually it's as bad as the 1997 haze IMO.

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Wow that looks horrible.... :shock: Man I still remember 97 and this does look a lot like how it used to be. :o

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

that's bad :shock: as bad as the area around my campus last few weeks where I can smell smoke everywhere :wall:

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

1st picture. ..

Just recently .. do you see the building ?

2nd picture
    Last Saturday .. the worst of all .. the building cant be seen :p

both are the same location except one is taken from my room while the other is from the balcony .. :p

Attached Files:

12. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

indon to be blame? i thought the fire from cyberjungle(Cyberjaya) :eh: ?

13. Jet

Jet Just Started

AT least Melaka is not that serious.
    It is all indon's fault....... :evil:

14. wilfred

wilfred wilfblog.blogspot.com

picture of the disgusting haze early this morning... :snooty: bad bad bad....

Attached Files:

15. Leian

Leian "Dai Sou"

Yeah, visibility is less than 1 km. The air IS full of smoke... It's even defeating air-conditioning treatment -- I can smell smoke inside my office on the 49th floor.

Totally agree with you, Phok. People are falling sick, or just plain ol feeling glum. You don't want to go anywhere and do anything in this condition. Except find somewhere with good air-conditioning to at least filter out some of the dust!

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

taken today .. its on slight zoom .. rotfl .. i forgot i was on zoom :p

do you see the building in the middle ? :p

Attached Files:

17. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. It's really bad in KL, eh? :think:

So far, things have not been so bad over here in Melaka. :pray:

18. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

this haze is an annual event. it varies in intensity each time. I have come to accept the fact that the haze will come. so live with it and be at peace with yoursleves. no use whining it wont make it go away.

bring lunch to the office so you won't need to go out for lunch and hence reduce exposure to the pollutants.

use better filters to get rid of nasty tastes. otherwise drink mineral water from bottles.

dun blame Indonesia it's not fair to put the blame entirely on them. peat fires in putrajaya also contributed to this problem. since its badly hazy in the klang valley and not so in other parts of the country it should suggest that this problem is more localised.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2005
  19. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I wonder how my ac and honeywell air purifier would cope with that. :think:

It has been getting so humid here lately it looks like that here sometimes. :think:

20. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

1. The following pictures were taken at around 12:00pm to 12:15pm with normal sunlight
    2. Camera set to AUTO

Please take not that the mosque and the reservoir are probably less than 500meters away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]