HDMI + USB KVM Suggestions Please! :D

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adrian Wong, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I just setup a second testbed, an Intel Skylake testbed for Tech ARP. Time to invest in a HDMI + USB KVM. Any suggestions?

So far the majority of USB KVMs come with VGA connectors, with a few sporting HDMI. I have not seen any with DVI or DP ports though.

Also, they only come with two USB ports, not just 3. This is not a big deal, just nice to have 3 USB ports, instead of two.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Never heard of a KVM with 3 USB ports. Maybe a hub on the KVM?

3. Adrian Wong

Well, at least 2 ports. The third port is because I'm using a USB headphone. :D

4. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

I haven't found any reputable brand with HDMI either... though Belkin has a bunch of products with DVI support. Kind of pricey though... Desktop KVM

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Personally I don't trust belkin lol. There are many switch manufacturers who make these sort of switches. They are usually cheaper and not any worse than reputable brands.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

6. Adrian Wong

I ended up buying this model - 4-Port Desktop KVM Switch (USB + HDMI) | Lazada Malaysia

It is a 4-port KVM with one HDMI + two USB 2.0 outputs. I will probably only run 2-3 computers using it.

I actually got in touch with the manufacturer. For some reason, they needed to know if I wanted to use it only with Windows, or with Linux or Unix as well.

I told them I "may" use it with a Mac. They said they need extra time to make it "more compatible" with the Mac.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015