Help!! KL Hotel for family of 4!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by aKho, Aug 2, 2006.

1. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

hiya,

i'll be dropping by KL with my family from the 30th of August till 1st September 2006. i'm having trouble looking for a nice hotel to stay in as most are now FULLY BOOKED! my budget is less than RM400 per night for 2 rooms and hoping to find one nearby bukit bintang.

the only ones available are Sungai Wang Hotel and Nova Hotel thought. any comments if these are suitable for a family of four?

also, if anyone could suggest alternatives, please do! (as long as they still have rooms available for that period!) :cry:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Honestly, I don't recommend staying around that area. Full of 'chickens'... Not especially with family!

3. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Hotel Beautiful.....

ok... ok... Seriously,

Hotel Capitol & Fairlane Hotel (I heard that the name was changed to something else recently.) are some of the other alternatives.

btw, you might be able to get a slightly cheaper price if you walk-in.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Cititel Midvalley, Armada PJ & Berjaya Times Square Hotel...

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Are they really that cheap?? :think:

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

My bad, I thought his budget was RM400 per-room/night....CRAP, I'm getting too old.

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup. Its one big chicken coop.... :haha:

8. redness

redness Newbie

Try Hotel Angsaka(used to be Impiana) next to Pudu Raya.
    Swiss Garden further up Pudu Raya also can.

Berjaya Time Square is out of the question man, 1 night at 2 person room is RM4xx.
    Luckily I have I have Berjaya Vacation club membership, only cost me RM80 per night.

9. Chai

I saw Melia for RM170+, not sure what room was that, but it's very near Lowyat, and definitely far less 'chickens' around that area.

10. aKho

Capitol, Ancasa, Melia fully booked for that period. Fairlane changed to Coronade Hotel. Their cheapest room is Deluxe at RM230 nett per night. Overbudget.

The rates I got for Nova Hotel is RM160. I guess Nova is better than Sungai Wang Hotel. In terms of the "chickens" not much of a choice eh? Wish there are better alternatives.. :cry:

11. Chai

Yeah, what about Swiss Garden?

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

chicken? cant be avoided. every hotel has it. but since u are here for family holidays, why bother bout it?

13. Adrian Wong

Err.. From your personal experience???? :shifty: :shifty: :mrgreen:

14. Adrian Wong

Try Hotel Melia, located just next to Low Yat Plaza.

Just saw an advert for it in the newspaper. I think it's less than RM 200 per night.

15. lklatmy

lklatmy Newbie

There's Genesis Hotel in jalan Tongshin and also Parkway hotel nearby.Both are something like 3 star type and look decent.A lot of foreign tourist stay in these two hotel.Quite near Bukit Bintang,10 minute walk only.

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Any native KL person knows.... But don't you be rushing of there... :wicked:

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Chickens? :think:

18. decypher

decypher Newbie

How about Seasons View?

I stayed there twice and so far it's been okay. Here's the location. Situated along Jalan Alor, it should be near to Starhill.

19. aKho

Melia is RM207 nett for standard and RM230 nett for Deluxe. i would get it but seems that my parents booked Nova Hotel already, because my sister has an international student card, got discount. :|

i hope it's ok to stay in for a few days... :cry:

20. Adrian Wong

Oh, that's weird. Just saw in the newspaper, from RM 170 onwards for Hotel Melia... :think: