Help Needed with TP Link Settings for Streamyx

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by ariyamusafir, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Have a new TP Link modem router. Like the previous, set in together with the streamyx userid password and the so... but the problem is it does not connect to the internet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That depends on what you are doing with that modem-router. Are you connecting the phone line directly to it, or are you using it as an wireless access point (and connecting it to the TM modem)?

3. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

Yo cus... thanks for the reply..... I managed to resolve this... I am actually using the TP Link ASL2+ modem router for internet and networking purposes, no other routers being paried with this.... However the problem lies with not using the correct Pc number I think.... The correct Pvc number should be 2 with a range of 0 and 35 right? That was the thing that made my modem unable to connect to the internet via streamyx...

Another question now, i have deleted PVc0, 1 and 7, if I want to have them up back again, how to do? Also, what is this Pvc thing all about?

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Why did you delete them? There's no need to delete the PVC numbers.

If I'm not mistaken, PVC refers to Permanent Virtual Circuit, and the option of having so many PVC numbers means you can create multiple PVCs. Of course, you only need one.

You just need to set up your Streamyx account for the PVC number you want to use. That's it.

5. ariyamusafir

ariyamusafir Newbie

yo cus... actually, we get to select one PVC from the drop down list... then we key in the particulars like user acc etc. then, that time tak tahu mah... so went on to try PVC0, PVC, PVC7 etc. Then now I know what the problem is already, then I use PVC 2, it worked, so I wanted to delete all the previously saved profile and on that page, you have a save button, and a delete button. I pressed on the delete button.... then I saw in another page on the "status" no more... but the initial drop down page still have. Is there anyway to make it as good as new?

Thanks.