Help oc Athlon 64 +3000...newb

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by eg660, Dec 24, 2004.

1. eg660

eg660 Newbie

damn now my bios does not recognize my HD...This suck... :wall:

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Have u backed off your overclock? :think:

3. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

you didnt ruin it. you just corrupted the windows files. ur pci frequencies are getting too high. have you tried using dividers?

oh and your gonna have to reinstall windows now. :whistle:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

If you've already backed off ur oc and u still get this then like MooCow said, you'll have to reinstall windows. Just choose repair install.. ;)

5. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

if you do decide to oc again later. use the dividers. so you run ur cpu faster than your ram, which will keep the frequencies down.

6. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Now my OC is at stock...200fsb...what if I have OEM windows? what could I do? I only have the recovery disk which came with my comp...so i tried using it but after installing some stuff it says that I dont have any HDD....

7. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

um. assuming the recovery is a norton ghost thing, you have to boot from cd. i think.

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well.. Your partition may have been corrupted.

You MAY need to recreate the partition (delete the present partition and create a new one).

9. eg660

eg660 Newbie

well...my windows now works...I just reinstalled the SATA RAID driver...thank God...sorry for bein such a newb...well we all started this way... :lol: anyway now I am afraid to overclock it...

10. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Okay I regained my confidence...hehehe...that was quick... :rolleyes: anyway i inc my volt to 1.5 and my FSB to 220 ....however the error started when I inc my FSB to 225 and my volt to 1.55(which is the highest my bios allows me..which is weird right)...so what should I do? another question what is the Dividers which moocow is talking about...

11. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

well setting ur divider to s 1:1 and ur fsb to 225 would mean memory is running 225mhz and so is cpu FSB.

2:1 @ 225 fsb would be the CPU running 450(dont do this) and mem still at 225mhz

and so on.

12. you might try testing you cpu after every few mhz, dont expect to go so high in one day. i increased mine by 2-3 mhz, then left it that way for a day, let my brothers play source, to test it.
    i'm also confused about the dividers, as i dont see that option in my bios. one of the options is some percentages though, so im guessing thats it.

13. MooCow

MooCow Newbie

yea you should increase a bit every few days or so. my northbridge burned in when i started using my gskill tccd. did 230 first week 240 the second. dunno about the 3rd cuz it died.

usally it's called the CPU/Mem divider i think. i think the a7n8x tells you what resulting mhz you will get.

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well, I usually advocate a 10MHz increment. So I think he's doing fine. ;) I dont think dropping the ram divider will have anything to do with the PCI bus right? :think:

15. eg660

eg660 Newbie

So does this mean that I cannot go higher because of the Pci Lock thing? This sux....

16. yeah, thats why enthusiast mobos have locks, such as the one psy has.

17. eg660

eg660 Newbie

Damn...now I am gonna buy another motherboard....

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It'd probably is so. I'd suggest that you keep it to the limit until u decide to change motherboards... ;)

19. eg660

eg660 Newbie

PsYkHoTiK- I could still use the same CPU right? (stupid question I know... I just wanna make sure...) Is it hard to install the CPU or reinstall all the wires...? I think I am goin for the DFI motherboard....where did you get yours?

20. eg660

eg660 Newbie

One more question in my BIOS the memclock mode is set to auto and memclock value is at DDR 200 but I have a DDR400 should I change it to manual and to DDR400 or should I leave it as is....thanks again...