hissing noise from Abit AI7 onboard sound..

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by athlonxp, Dec 10, 2005.

1. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

any AI7 owner can clarify this problem? zy? :wicked:

i search from google..quite a lot of AI7 owner got this problem..

the on board sound will make a hissing noise when u scroll the mouse or hardisk access.. :confused: :confused:

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

erm :think: .. yea .. i think it does make some noise.. but mine is not noticible until i crank up my speakers quite loud ... without playing any songs ... but the sounds will eventually drown that noise :p

3. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

can it be solved? BIOS flash? driver?

but from some site..they say it is the ALC658 codec chipset that caused this hissing noise.. :sick:

abit :naughty:

4. zy

solve ? .. i dont think so .. maybe use a new sound card? :D

for me i dont care because i wont notice the sound :D

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Try changing the IDE cables? :think:

Maybe enable Spread Spectrum and see if that helps?

6. zy

i shall do some testing when i get back to inti .. that will be next year :haha: ..

change ide cables ? .. change to what ? more expensive ones ? :mrgreen:
    never tried spread spectrium ..

maybe i will steal my SB Live! on this computer.. :mrgreen: see which one works better :whistle: .. but onboard is a 5.1 while this SB is a 2 channel should i use the SB or skip it :mrgreen: .. using altec lansing 4121 ..

7. Adrian Wong

Change from the 40-conductors to 80-conductors cable.

Can try spread spectrum too. For different reasons, of course. :mrgreen:

8. zy

huh .. i'm using ATA133 80-wire cables ...

9. Adrian Wong

Oh, I see. Well, try using Spread Spectrum.

10. zy

wait till next year :mrgreen:

11. Curseblade

Curseblade Newbie

I have a Gigabyte mainbord with the same chip and same problem-silence the cd-player in the windows sound configurator that will make the noise baerly audible.For even better results unplug the cable that connects the cd rom with the soundcard/mainbord.
    For best results get a soundcard;)

Hope this helps you-it helped me.

1 person likes this.
  12. zy

no idea.. i just got hold of my pc .. :) .. i'll need to crack up my volume to listen to the hissing noise. . :mrgreen:

1 person likes this.
  13. zy

there is some noise .. yea.. when there is activity ..

i've plugged in my sound blaster .. disabled the onboard & did not plug in the CD-IN .. no hissing sounds :p

14. Adrian Wong

Wait.. Is that hissing noise only present in CD music? :think:

Or any audio output from the onboard sound chip? Or is it present even when there's nothing running? :think:

15. zy

i'll verify with you again when i connect my CD-IN or enable my onboard :mrgreen:

is it possible to enable the onboard while still using the Sound Blaster ?:p

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

DYKT: I'm running both onboard sound and EMU 0404 at the same time? EMU 0404 for music listening, and onboard sound for others? :thumb:

17. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

the sound can he heard when u turn ur speaker volume loud..the sound is there as long as the computer is switch on..but it is more obvious duing hardisk or cd rom activity..sometimes even when u move the mouse..

the tiny cable from cd rom is not plug in into the mobo..at first is suspect is some AC leakage from the damn i-cute psu that come with the casing..but the sound still there after i swap another PSU :nuts:

18. zy

:haha: i tried enabling the onboard while using my sound blaster ... i get a blank screen when booting into windows :haha:

19. athlonxp

athlonxp Newbie

err..may i ask wat is EMU 0404? :think:

20. zy

EMU 0404 is a type of audio chip ... haha