Homemade Water Cooling System

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by rudhrasamy, May 27, 2006.

1. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

Yesterday i google around to find out something about homemade watr cooling and end up with this webpage. It was totally awsome and this guys work was realy great. Its A-Z was designed by himself. You guys should look at it and give some review.:thumb: :thumb:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=105157

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

this guys work not finished yet...... so im gonna keep up with his works

3. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

Obviously the author/builder "turpija" is not from the U.S., or else he would have just cryed a lot until his parents bought him a liquid-cooled kit. But he is a man from Croatia with an obsession. Rather then just buy a rig, he spends way more money and months of time just to build a water-cooled setup. It is very interesting how he manages every single detail without having done this before. Even more interesting is that EVERY SINGLE PART is hand made. God damn we need more Croatians here in the U.S.

I am most impressed with the fact that he cooled EVERY HEAT EMITTING PART with this rig; even the PSU!

Well worth the long read. It even reminds me that regardless of how active I am, compared to this guy I am a lazy American.

ps. His forum post spans 11 pages... and the final conclusion is up next.

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  4. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

isit practical to haf watercooling for hdd??
    & wad's "napajanje"?

5. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

that copper block is juz pathetic.. lol..
    i rather he buy it or some technician to do for him..

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

but i do like his radiator, its well made..

7. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

So what engineering skill you are talking about there.... Its better that doing nothing... I assume that the materials doesnt cost much for him but its only consume some time for him.

8. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

did u see the copper plates.... i think he should get some thicker plates....

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

for the radiator u mean?
    i think the water blocks he made are far too large...

10. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

you are right... for the radiator should used small diametered pipes and the number of pipes must be large.... this will help the heat transfer from the piping to the radiator... studied those things in thermodynamics

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I've seen that already. The radiator won't be very efficient. He should have just used a car's heater core.

12. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

how efficiency would be his project after fix up everything....... i think da radiator itself would make his project failed at lowering the temperature.........

13. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

da conclusion of the project would be he failed to achieve the objective :p

14. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

Add this to the list of things he should have done. Also add to that list: let someone else with experience in radiative thermodynamics assist, model your components after someone else's product who actually did some research, and lastly: go out and buy the product rather then give 110% into a product that will look cool and take a ton of time but ultimatly do very little in the way of cooling.

15. Das Capitolin

Das Capitolin Newbie

Nobody likes a post-whore. You should have taken your last three posts and made them into one sentence; but only after you checked your spelling.

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

nomata how good or bad or even fail i admire his hardwork creating it..

17. I'll give him an "A" for his efforts. It's definitely not easy to make anything out of scratch. The guy did point out at the start of his article that he found that simply buying the components was boring. I think he wasn't exactly out to have the best-looking, best-performing watercooling set-up.

He was after the joy of being able to create something for himself. No one else in the world could have a similar design so it is unique in itself. And while we debate about the effectiveness of his design and build, he on the other hand has gained more experience than all of the talk in the world! :haha: Who knows? He might be designing a new and better loop right now! :thumb:

18. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

Im too lazy to edit back my posts... coz rojakpot takes more time to reload da page than any other forums.... so i found quick reply easier for me:whistle: :whistle:

19. rudhrasamy

rudhrasamy Newbie

im agree with you. no matter how pro you are also, you still need some experience. Eventhough his projects efficiency was not good but i realy admired his work there. Thats the reason i post it up here.

20. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

tat is one hell of a homemade water cooling setup....took me quite sometime to look through the posts..not to say making it...:faint: :faint: respect!!!:twisted: :twisted: