Hotmail storage upped to 250mb :D

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Brian, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

Chai : Gmail allowed me to import my ENTIRE PDA contact list and emails into it. Pretty cool, if you ask me. ;) :dance:

ANd i doubt HOtmail will ever increase storage. EVER. :wall:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hmm...maybe better than I thought, but I'm pretty sure many are reluctant to change their email, that's why everyone here is still complaining about the lack of space at Hotmail. :D

3. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

yes i'm reluctant...i've been using hotmail even BEFORE microsoft BOUGHT hotmail....

4. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hotmail accounts are commonly used for spamming, more spamming and of course..........to receive spam.

5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

:mrgreen: :thumb:
    to receive spam :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But their spam filter is a lot better now, isn't it? Much better than Yahoo...But we have a lot more space to receive spam...

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Ya same. Of course I changed e-mail address a few times but I remember the pre-MSN days. It used to be really good :thumb: Then along came MS, and it all went downhill :cry:

I use my Hotmail for my MSN messenger account. Lazy to change account...so it's also the best email address for mail that needs urgent attention bcos messenger checks it automatically. Gmail I only check once in 1-2 days.

Lol @ Chai's comment about having more space to receive spam :haha:

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah! But sad... I used it to download, but it never delete from server even when I set it to. So, now still using web-based yahoomail. :D

And I just found out that my yahoomail is full today. :haha:

Gmail not that good at the moment, can't create mailing list, have to click one by one, not a good thing to those that forward mails. :boohoo:

The last I logged-in to gmail, it allows free mail redirect or something. Haven't tried that out. :)

9. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

seems like Yahoo's spam filter not really that good :p

gmail still have some weakness :(

10. Maximus_Detritus

I dont create Mailing Lists anyways, as i hate doing Mass Forwards, so i'm fine with Gmail for the moment. Not like anyone is emailing me anyway. (=

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

DYKT: The latest news is that some people have already been upgraded to 250MB? I'm still waiting though... :roll:
    My friend's account has already been upgraded, although I did send him a gmail invite so storage space can't really be a problem for him :p

One theory is that the older accounts are being upgraded first...

Anybody here got 250MB yet?

12. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

older accounts? i've been using hotmail for YEARS...and i havent got the upgrade..is it true tht they're ACTUALLY upgrading? i mean, i dun see tht in the news or anythg...

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

nope.. din see the upgrade yet .. plus.. i havent check my mailbox recently :p

14. goldfries

you know, i just realize there is a flaw in the title

Hotmail storage [ upped ] to 250mb

see, the title said UPPED - it's past tense, hence saying that it's already upgraded. however if you read the 1st post, it mentioned nothing about Hotmail already being upgraded.

rather misleading.

15. goldfries

first we must question the source of the news. the only one to be blamed is the source.

if nothing is announced from Microsoft, if no notification from Hotmail - then you can forget about waiting cos it won't happen until they say so.

16. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Meh, Hotmail is gay. Gmail's ads aren't annoying like Hotmail's and you get 4x the space. Hell, my dad has MSN and to read his e-mail online, he has to use Hotmail. Even though he's a paying customer, he still have to see all of those annoying ads and such.

17. Maximus_Detritus

Yeah, hotmail is scrwed. i only stayed with it because it informs you of mail thru MSN. But Gmail have their own notifier now. (=

18. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

I use Trillian Pro and since all of my e-mail accounts are at my domain, I just use a plugin to check them via IMAP/POP3 and that tells me when I get new mail. :D

19. u suck.com

u suck.com ■ ■ ■ ■

gmail has notifier? how to get it?

20. CleanSerious5

CleanSerious5 Banned

yahoo can upgrade it so fast.
    :o