How big is big enuf?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wooi, Oct 19, 2004.

1. wooi

wooi Newbie

Hi evryone! :wave:

I just want to know how big size of hdd is enuf for u? 10GB? Or 400GB? or more?
    :thumb:
    And what u going to do with it? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL! Why don't you start by telling us your own opinion? :haha:

Well, hard disk space is never enough. Even if I have a 400GB hard disk, I will still find stuff to fill it up with. :haha:

3. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

I have 300 GB worth of HD (74 GB Raptor & 250 GB Maxtor) and about 8 GB free. Up quite a bit from the 500 MB I had free the other day. Thank god for DVD burners! :cool:

4. wooi

wooi Newbie

Ha! all the while i just using only 40GB HDD. But within this month, i bought two new Hdd one is maxtor 120GB and the other is WD 160GB. ha! So nw total up got around 300GB. :D

So nw try to figure out some way to fill up those drives :p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2004
  5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! It will never be enough! Currently using 80GB, planning to get a bigger HDD! Samsung probably. :)

6. yhng

yhng Newbie

Hehe...I have 40GB + 2x120GB HDD in my PC atm. All filled with junk from MP3s (in which half I never gone thru yet) to video clips.

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I bought an eternal 80Gb Hd for my notebook, within a month it's full, then I bought a DVD recoder to backup my files...... :wicked: :wicked: :wicked:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Believe it or not, I get by on a 20GB hard drive. Just have to be organised, and don't download/install rubbish. I guess that fact that I'm on 56k also helps in the download aspect.

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I have 120GB and one 80GB. But the 120GB still haven't fill up yet. *sigh* What to do... got heart to do it but Telekom doesn't allow. :p

10. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

I;ve got a 120Gb Maxtor, a WD 200Gb, and an external Maxtor HD 200GB. ;)

11. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

Yeah, I should get an external drive. :?

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. You are LOADED! :mrgreen:

What do you store in them? :wicked:

13. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

When (notice I didn't say "if" :p) I win that 400 GB HD, I'll have 700 GB total. :dance:

BTW - this is my 200th post. Not bad for a week's worth of posting. :cool:

14. Bestia(ry)

Bestia(ry) Mac'ster

-+-------------------------------------------------------+-

2x40GB array + 80GB (Barracudas).
    Never successfully managed to fill it up.
    Maybe 'cause I'm not interested in MP3 nor video. :pray:

-+-------------------------------------------------------+-
    "Underground will live forever baby ..."

15. Maximus_Detritus

Maximus_Detritus Moderator

whats the total... oh, 520 Gbs.. ;)

Well, that 70s Show, SOuthpark, Smallville, Futurama, music videos, Mp3s, Tp Gear & Fifth Gear (thanks to Viper for a few of those!), Movies, some DVD ripps, installers, downloaded software...

Did i miss anything out...? :think:

16. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LOL! Another TG/FG collector. I have a lot of them, more than Viper's! :D Emule is the answer to the rest! :D More than 1/2 of my HDD are F1 related videos, 1/8 are general car related videos.

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

damn..what do u guys store? that's so scary to hear that Falcone was able to fill up his 80gb drive in a month time...wow...
    i have an 80gb..for like 3 years and it's not even half full yet..other than mp3s, some funny clips and personal docu..I just can't think of any other stuff that can fill up ur 8-gb drive in a month time...
    bought a few..but mainly for other purposes..I just can't find the way to fill up my drive :D

18. Viper007Bond

Viper007Bond Newbie

sob! :p

19. SAMSAMHA

SAMSAMHA Newbie

i can't get enough larger, faster hd. I have 110gig internal and 120 external. I thought that would be enough, but soon I found myself that it's being filled upo so fast. I am looking to get another hd to replace my internal.

20. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

DC++ ... storage is never enough :)