How do you guys cut your cases?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by skitZo, Jan 6, 2003.

1. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

using a jigsaw?chainsaw? or a RTX tool.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

chainsaw? LOL!

There's a few other methods, like using holesaw for making clean 'blowhole'.

3. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Jigsaw here..... :)

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

jigsaw... easier to control than a rtx. but holesaw would be better. but a good quality one is quite hard to find.

5. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

Woo man you sure rtx is really hard to control. Cause ive been plannin to spend 300 bucks for the rtx tool.

Im not in the mood to send my case to oc paradise. Coz if its done by them its not my on DIY project. 8) And their prices are a lil too high.

What kinda tools do you guys think they`d use?
    Laser cutting?

And Mad1 are you really sure you used a jigsaw to cut your case. How does the finishing look like?

6. Chai

Some cutting machine. It's not laser.

7. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Not bad at all, but you do need steady hands though... :)

8. peaz

cut a few cases with a jigsaw before... but need patience la this method.... :D

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

what if you screw it up? hehe :)
    you can send your side panel to those 'ah beng ah kiong' metal shop..they use a fire tool (I don't know what they called it, but the fire is blue color) to cut it..and it's cheap. It's only RM5 :) compare to OP's price: RM80 :roll:

10. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Hahhaa they best way is send to the shop and they have those suitable tools to do 4 u :lol:

11. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Gee... RM80 per hole?

I'll do it for Rm15 if you willing to bring it to my house :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

95% satisfaction ........ :twisted:

12. peaz

whalaueh?? RM80?? siao(crazy). i knew it was expensive but THIS expensive?

anyway, i'm planning to cut up my side panel for a full case mod i'm planning to do once i finish my studies.... :D

any ideas? in planning to do a plexyglass side window but dun want just a simple squarish cut...

13. Chai

RM80 for cutting a normal 'Window' shape with plexi or plastic(not sure).

14. peaz

Still very pricy....even if plexi is included... their earning well over 200% for the easy job...

15. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

yeap oc paradise is sure expensive for case modding. Ive seen their prices up to above a 100 ringgit just for case modding crazy man.

Hey peaz ive just bought a plexiglass( im not really sure weather it is really plexiglass but it looks the same) it coz me rm8 only. 0.5cm thick and 32x36cm.

Mad1 where are you staying man. and what kinda tools ure goin to use to cut the case?

16. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Ken: I might need the RTX back soon for an ARP project but you can still hold it cause maybe mid-February I will start once the overall project has been sketched.

17. Chai

Well, I can't really blame them for charging this high. People need to live. :) But if you think it's expensive, then do it yourself! It's more fun, but if you fail, you will start cursing to yourself why didn't I send to OCParadise. :lol: just j/k

18. peaz

I won't be able to mod my case until after february.... so u can have it anytime la :D

19. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

how much u guys bought ur rtx?
    u guys shared buying it or what?

20. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

maybe we should have a "Mod Beramai-ramai" or "Mod together-gether"gathering :D :D :D then we can share our tools..hehe..
    RM80 is for cutting a mid tower side panel. For server/full tower casing then they charge RM30-50 more. 80mm & 120mm blowhole is RM25 per hole. they have a special workshop that uses autocad machines to cut the cases...from what I heard, the machine itself cost more than RM100,000 (so expensive meh??). the outcome will be close to perfection.

I think if you want to mod a normal steel (RM100-RM200) case, do yourself better lar..if you screw it up also nvm mah...can afford a new one...but for an alu case (RM600-800)..better dun 'pray pray'..send to OP better. since you can afford such an expensive case, another RM100-150 shouldn't be a problem for you :)

skitZo: RM8 !??? where did you get it? damn I bought one (0.4, 35x40mm) for RM25!!!

mad1: where do you stay lar? what kinda tool do u use to cut ar? hand-saw? ekeke