How do you guys cut your cases?

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by skitZo, Jan 6, 2003.

1. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

I bought in SS 15 subang jaya in one of those advertising shops. I dont think its really plexiglass cause im not really sure.

2. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

I'm in Subang Jaya(Putra Heights).You are welcome to use all the power tools that I have if you want to do it yourself.Please pm me if you serious 8)

3. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

Subang Jaya Putra Heights? wheres that anyway.

And serious ar Mad1 ? No joke?

4. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Of course I'm serious 8) and this is for everybody who's interested.Please pm me.DIY only please......cause my labor charge is expensive :mrgreen:

5. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

Okay sure. Ill pm you when im free

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

mod "together-gether" at mad1's place :mrgreen:

7. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Hey! No problemos.

Just bring your own food and beer! :mrgreen:

8. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Rm8 for a plexiglass???? I dun think so ler.... a good quality plexi is not this cheap.... :)

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, normal plastic most probably. But if you don't move around alot, you wouldn't have to worry about scratching right?

10. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

if its cheap i dont mind scatching it.

Btw it says A-Cast from Asia Poly Industrial Sdn Bhd.

And how does a plexiglass really looks like?

11. Punkychan

Punkychan Newbie

Cutting holes ?? Depend..if you want to make just a round hole, you can get that 'round cutter' (which attaches to your drillset and looks like a small round saw) which is actually meant for wood, but I've managed to cut aluminium case with it.If you want a square hole, either get a rtx or the cheapest is measure the size of the hole, then 'resize' it to a few mm smaller.Drill a hole ., with a 8/9mm bit., on all four corners.But make sure the 'resize square' is about 8/9mm smaller on all corners because your drill bit is going to 'makan' a little on the sides.Get a handle hacksaw (the one which is single handed and you could attach a hacksaw blade to it.)Check a good DIY shop (I saw one in Megamall but forget what was the shop called.)Insert the hacksaw blade through the drilled hole and cut to follow the lines that you had made.Don't go too much on the outer line., you can sand it later.It is better to have a 'tight' fittings rather than a loose ones.By the way, Da Boss, Adrian, how do I upload some images (I promise, not too big) because I got some images of my recent project (an aquarium PC ) which I'd like to share with some of our 'budding' modder.It's a little funny experience though but succesful !Can I just go on that 'add attachment' diaogue box ?

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I modded the forum with the file attachment feature. So yes, you can upload it.

13. skitZo

skitZo Newbie

Ive tried that method already. I couldnt even cut 1 centimeter with the hacksaw. In the end I ended with for drill holes on the side of my case.

14. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

Use jigsaw dude!

15. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

yup.. a jigsaw would do the job nice, easy and clean too...

16. Punkychan

Punkychan Newbie

17. itld

itld Newbie

howdy,
    when i did the mod on my case i used a jig saw. it worked just fine.
    i own a few hole saws but nothing as big as the 120mm fan, when i went to buy one they wanted $45.00us for it so i decided to go with the jig saw.
    i will post pictures of my (rather crude) mod as soon as i get my box up.

M.R.

18. dolly

dolly Newbie

i've used all three common tools, jigsaw, dremel and a hole saw. I must say the hole saw needs alot of strength to use properly, since there is alot of torque from the 120mm holesaws. Just make sure you hold the case down tight!

dremel is slow, but gives good results if ur patient. Jigsaw is better tho, just make sure you put maskin tape on ur case or ur gonna scratch it bad :p so when is this mod beramai ramai? i'll be back around july eheheh