How often do you change your mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by marc, Oct 13, 2006.

?

How often do you change your (buy a new) mobile phone?

1. Every 3 years (or more)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Every 2 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Every year

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Every 8-10 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every 4-6 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Every 2-3 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I buy phones as soon as they are released!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Only when my current phone gets spoilt, stolen or lost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I don't own a mobile phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

urghhh...the ever vast model update of mobile phones is driving me nuts..:wall: :wall: :wall:

2. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

I don't have one, never have had one either and don't plan on getting one. Besides, they don't work out where I live, so there's no real reason to even think about it.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

rox!:thumb: :thumb:

4. GarPhreak

GarPhreak Newbie

Where do you live? :eh:

Quite interesting to see the most popular response, I'd have thought most people would change their phones quite often. :p

It's been a long time since I actually payed for a phone, many, many years ago, but that didn't stop me from going through a few... ;)

Of course, that means that all my phones were old/outdated/cheap stuff... :oops: :haha:

Currently have been using a Nokia 6100 for a few months, which again I didn't pay for... :shifty:

5. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

I've had three cell phones since I got my first one in 1997.
    - That first was some Ericsson model my sister had discarded, and within a year it was broken. (One of the keys didn't work.)
    - Then I bought the cheapest phone I could get without tying up to some specific operator, and that was a Siemens something.
    That one also had a key give up, in late november '01.
    - So I bought another cheap Siemens, S45 I think, which is still going strong and I have no intention to replace it.

/Olle

6. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Yeah, I change mine when it breaks or get stolen... or maybe when the package offers one for free..

7. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

I live way out in the country in the mid west, there has been one cell phone company that put up a tower this year so folks can get a signal and service if they have a phone, but the service is shakey at best. It's pretty funny to see people standing out in the road during bad weather so they can get a signal to make a silly phone call.
    This is also why I have satellite internet, there is nothing else out here except for dial-up...................:naughty:

8. Echolac

Echolac Newbie

wow..kinda odd but kinda cool:haha: :haha:

9. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

Wow.. you guys have TV there? just kidding

Must be cool to live there.. sounds like a quiet place.. hard to find these days..

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

There was a housing area where I was staying that doesn't even have dial-up connection :haha: Can you imagine a life without internet access? :wall: :haha:

11. sbrehm72255

sbrehm72255 Newbie

Been there, done that as well, back up in the mountains of Colorado................;)
    The farther back in the country away from people the better..........:)
    The internet is the only contact I have with people these days, and it's pretty nice that way.

12. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

I would have committed suicide 4 sure.

13. Whowalks

Whowalks Newbie

I only got a mobile phone last year and that because my wife made me get one.
    At that its a crappy second hand one.
    Mobile phones actually give me the "tom tits'(shits)
    IMHO mobiles are the source of rudeness from heaps of people,
    As a nurse in a ER I have had people answer their phones during interviews and examinations, usually whilst sitting under a no phone sign.:evil:

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

err.. phones ? ... well .. most of the time i use it is for emergency purpose .. texting wise.. not that much .. but i do text when i dont have internet access :mrgreen:

15. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

4 phones (including the current one) for the past 7 years. that makes it an average of 2 years per phone. But only change them when the previous one decided to 'die' one me.

16. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hmmm .. lemme think ... 2 phones for the past 5 years :think:

the prevous one i used for 4 years :think:

17. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

that's very unethical
    i hate those who nv switch their phones to silent mode during movies. its very annoying :evil: :evil:

18. duan

duan Newbie

well, it's look like that most of us using phone just for the sake of communication :p even me in telco field still use those butterfly :p

19. CALLOFDUTY05

CALLOFDUTY05 Newbie

Yeah phones should be used only 4 talking but now-a-days many people just buy premium phones just to show off.In my opinion if u r buying a 2/3 MP camera phone by paying a hefty premium only to take picture,why r not u buying a Digicam for that coz that will serve the task much better than the Mobile camera.I'm happy with my Sony Ericsson S700i & no plans to change it unless it gets stolen or spoilt.

20. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

It's for convenience...I don't know about you but I would rather carry a phone around that can play music + take pictures, instead of carrying a basic phone plus a DAP and a camera.
    Of course the quality will not be as good as a standalone camera (or DAP) but its a trade-off and you have the benefit of having that capability wherever you go (as long as the phone is with you).