How To Avoid Speed Traps In Malaysia!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, May 19, 2003.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Ah, The speed trap...

4+ tickets....... :evil:

Hey Adrian, here is another good site, http://www.speedzones.com/

I have a Whistler 1655, Pre-Warned me about 6-10 times so far :)
    Are radar/laser detectors allowed in ML. ?

3. Trinity

Any one have a radar dectector ? Been "saved" by it? :D

4. Adrian Wong

My friend has one... not sure if he's been saved by it cause we will only know when it fails to save him - a ticket in the mail! :)

5. TungstenBoy

TungstenBoy Newbie

i read somewhere u can use ur handphone to check for speed traps... but i think it works only for radar...
    now they use laser... so useless...

any1 know where they regularly hang out... these policeman laser shooters...

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

as long as you don't break the law, why you worry about it??

7. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Just drive under 120KM/h then u r safe... hehe
    Actually do u all realize that they using some solar system tat caught those speeder>> Most of it under the over-head bridge... Take a look when u r in high-way

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup! Something like a long cylinder-shape camera hanging below the bridge. Cool stuffs... :D

So, from now on, whenever you nearing a overhead bridge, slow down, then accelerate again. Muahaha... :twisted:

9. drab

drab Newbie

Rip out spy cameras :twisted: Stop big brother watching you :naughty:

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Haha... if you dare. :twisted:

I don't think so. Anyway, it's for the safety of the ppl on the road. Coz you don't want some stupid car coming at you at 160km/h flashing and honing, do you? Stupid rich buggers... :naughty: :whistle:

11. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

solar system??? they use the moon or planet mars to catch speeders??? LOL

i think u meant SONAR.... but then... they actually use LASER speed detectors... pretty hard to detect but can still JAM it.

TungstenBoy: The handphone thing? it seems to be fake. FBI did some testing on the Nokia phone that was supposedly having the feature... turned out to be a dud. Older phone however might have been able to detect radar signals....

12. Trinity

Hell man we are getting 'redlight camera's' all over the city... (I don't run red's )!!! But sometimes traffic is so backed up you can get stuck "in the zone" :mad: ,,, Speed cam's are "Coming Soon"!!! :evil: And we got a copter flying around in the air!!! Pink Floyd,,,"pigs on the wing" :wall:

Police State.... :(

13. Adrian Wong

Hey peaz,

I think he meant those cameras were using solar panels as a power source. I see those poles with a solar panel at the top quite often on the highway... usually next to an overhead bridge. However, I have yet to spot any cameras... :(

Are you guys sure there's a camera linked to those solar panels?

Hmm... jam a laser? How? It's supposed to be instantaneous. :think:

Hey Trinity,

We have redlight cams here too! :)

But the funny thing is... the film was too expensive so some of the 'cams" are duds!! They just flash but they don't take pictures. :mrgreen:

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah... the camera on the bridge are real. Just saw them on the highway last sunday. :D

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

hey I heard from friends that if you driver over 200kmph..the camera won't be able to detect your speed...is that true?

16. Brian

Brian Newbie

true, true........i know one fake one.......but taken off aledi coz no one believed it was real at the LDP Tmn. Magah Interchange

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, that's true. But you need to go over 160mph, that's way more than 200kph! I think only really really fast car can avoid speed cameras. Stock Japanese cars definitely can't reach that speed, unless it's modified. Not sure about the radar detector police uses...

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

speed cams yes... u can avoid with speed cos of the detecting mechanism they use... 'lag' time :D

but police radar/laser speed detectors.. no way u can 'speed over detection'

19. Adrian Wong

Bugger... I think it's more like revenue collection for them...

The purpose of such speed traps is to prevent speeding and reduce accident rates. They can do that better by placing speed detectors prominently. Even a fake outpost will slow down a driver from far away.

Nah... I think this is just another way for the gov. to collect more money. :shock:

20. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

ys what i mean solar is get the power source from the sun light....
    I heard that the negetive for the camera is very expensive... normally they seldom on it.... So it become a "fake" one if off.. to make people slow down thier car.... Hheee :hand: