How to disable full row select in Vista?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Zenphic, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

1 person likes this.
  2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Thanks! :thumb: I hate that full row selection :lol:

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Same here. Now, if only Explorer had the "up to one level" button. That used to be so handy :(

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I miss the Up One Level button. They replaced it with the Back button, which has its pros and cons.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

They used to have both up one level and back button.

I miss that a lot.

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

is there a shortcut for "Up One Level"?

7. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

At least you can still click on the folder that's one level up in the adress bar.

8. Chai

I hate the changes on Windows Explorer. When they release Windows 95, Windows Explorer improvement over the old Windows 3.1 was really extremely significant.

I hate the removal of up one level button, and there's no easy way to jump to Desktop, especially if you are in sub-sub-sub-sub folder.

9. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Alt + Up I think. A bit more tedious than a simple button though. :(

10. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Desktop isn't too bad. You just need to click the little arrow next to the icon in the address bar for a drop-down menu to select desktop.

What I hate is how useless the clickable folders in the address bar becomes when the folder's name is longer than the address bar. Then, only one folder is shown :(

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Isn't there a folders button on the bottom left of the screen that allows you to go up one level?

I use that a lot.

12. Chai

When the folder path is too long, you can't select Desktop in the small arrow.

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Eh.. got Up One Level what... :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

I'm checking out the QTTabbar and see if it works... read that there's Up One Level button.

14. Chai

Where? Please point it out :p

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Eh, go download QTTabBar!!!

- can click tab to go up one level
    - quite a lot of customization

After install, restart explorer.exe or restart PC.

- Then open Windows Explorer
    - Press ALT to activate the menu bar
    - right click at the empty space at the menu bar
    - You should see QT TabBar and QT Tab Standard Buttons, activate both
    - Right click at the QT Tab Standard buttons bar and choose option and customize away.

The 'disable full row selection' is at the Misc. tab, uncheck the 'Full row selection in details view' option.

As for the 'Up One Level', that can be performed when you activate QT TabBar. You current folder will appear as a tab, double-click on the tab to perform 'Up One Level'. I like it so far, but still don't see why I'd use tabs in Windows Explorer. :mrgreen:

But the 'Enable subfolder tip' at Misc. tab is useful as well. When you click on a folder, you will see an arrow at the right end of the folder name, click on it, and you can explore the folders/files inside. :thumb:

At the moment, I only enable the QT TabBar, doesn't see much use for the QT Tab Standard Buttons, except to access the Option page.

As for the default 'Up One Level' in Vista. Open Windows Explorer, press ALT, View > Goto > Up One Level. :haha:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  16. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

QTTabBar? I heard of it before... will download it as soon as possible if it gives Up To One Level back!

17. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

That hasn't happened to me yet. I guess I haven't met a folder path that long yet :dance: