How to send money to USA?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by zeshun, Oct 25, 2002.

1. zeshun

zeshun Newbie

Hi. Does anyone know how should I send US40.00 to someone in the USA? Would it be safe to send CASH? I thought I just put in the dollars inside a greeting card and mail it to the person.

- Winston

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

can use money order right????

3. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

You can use a Paypal account. That is pretty safe.

But to be super safe, even though its only 40 bucks, go buy a bank draft.

4. peaz

just a note... i dun think paypal supports Malaysian users.

Guess that's becoz soem fo the the world's top Credit card frauds originate from Malaysia!!! :D

5. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

That is actually very true because when I was back in Malaysia for Summer vacation, I usually use my credit cards. When I got back home to America I saw that there was several transactions on my credit card that I did not do.

So bottom line, try NOT to use credit cards in Malaysia. :evil:

6. zeshun

zeshun Newbie

This US40 is giving me a headache. Anyway, a friend told me that I can buy a US Bank Draft from a bank and mail it to the person in the US and he can go to any bank and exchange it for cash. I just need to write his name on the Bank draft.

So, those who live in the US, have u guys heard of Bank draft?

I've send bank draft to UK before though.

And, money order is no longer used in Malaysia (post office ppl told me).

- Winston

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Zeshun: You should go buy a bank draft but make sure you buy it from a bank where it is recognized in the U.S! If I'm not mistaken, they'll charge you like 2% or maybe a flat rate for the amount you are sending so basically you're going to be paying around RM41 or less for the bank draft!

8. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Yes, they do accept bank drafts from Malaysia. All you need is to get it from big bank such as Maybank or Bumiputra-Commerce Bank. I usually get my tuition fees through bank draft every semester.

So no sweat. Also, bank draft are much safer but will cost a little more.

9. Infopro

Infopro Newbie

10. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

Personally I've done a wire transfer to an account in the States once. A bit expensive, but they're quite fast. You need the account number and address of the bank that you're sending too.

:)atwl

Hmm... reminder to self: should check dates of topics before posting.... :roll:

11. peaz

Ah, dun worry, we all always check back on older posts!!!
    Hmm, come to think about it. I wonder why too???

Hmm, wire transfer seems to be one of the safest method i guess as the banks directly transfer them as oppose to mailing of bank drafts, etc...

But as u said, I think it would be quite costly. Even a wire transfer between our local banks costs at least RM1 !!! even if they are just across the street!!! :D

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I did a wire transfer to an account in singapore last month. Maybank charged me RM10.xx for 'water money' :evil: ..and when the money 'reached' singapore that time, POSB bank charged me another SGD20 for 'water money' :evil: :evil: ....and by the time my friend received my money, it only left SGD30 (I paid Maybank SGD55.xx ):evil: :evil: :evil: and the whole process took one week to complete :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: so it's not the fastest way to transfer money..I think I wanna do banking business adi larrr.....so ez to earn $$$...who wanna join ar??

Hmm...really can die...can dieeeeee...dieeeee..