HTTP 401.3 Error ?

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by skyrock, Dec 6, 2005.

1. skyrock

skyrock Newbie

when i browse the web address (www.xxx.xxx\xxx)
    this error message come up._

Code:
    You are not authorized to view this page
    You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is
    configured for this resource on the Web server.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
    HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
    Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

actually the logon screen (user name & password) should appear. but it doesn't. i have checked with the site administrator. they don't have any problem. some others user can access it. the problem only for us. even i tried with firewall/proxy bypass software it doesn't work too. what is this problem?

i have tried not only with IE but also Firefox, opera, avantbrowser. They all doesn't work for that address.

what is the answer? why it is happend ? who know ????

Actually i don't think we need to change some setting in browser. So, what is the next i should consider ?

pls note: i can't give actual web address. (sorry)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  2. skyrock

skyrock Newbie

coz of proxy

ok this problem occur because of we are behind proxy (squid/2.5.STABLE10)

so what we can do to get access this site?

we can't get direct access right.

we have to use internet behind proxy - squid/2.5.STABLE10

so how we can solve this? is there any way to setup in server site to allow our IP address or anything like that?

:wall:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  3. SilentBotts

SilentBotts Newbie

What is that website for?

4. skyrock

skyrock Newbie

it is ..

it is for database use. the problem is authentication dialog box doesn't prompt and can't access this site.

is it anyway to fix in the IIS server for that kind of problem.

normally it doen't happend but it is occur behind proxy server.

the big problem is we have no choice to get direct access connection. we have to use the internet behind proxy. so the only possilbe way to fix is on the remote server. but i'm not sure it can fix in IIS for that kind of problem or not.

:?

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Maybe you can try routing that through another proxy server? :think: