I cant Install ANYTHING!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by antmic, Oct 30, 2005.

1. antmic

antmic Newbie

something is wickedly Wrong in my Computer... i cant install anything OR it takes ages and ages and ages .... today is especially worse cos i Tried to Re install the Sound Drivers and they got screwed up and my system restore isnt working and i cant fix it...

this is what happens when i tried to install my Nforce 2 drivers.....
    i click on the install install shield comes up to load or Extract the installer.. and When the installer is up the Progress bar Freezes and after like 10 minutes a pop up Comes up to warn be about the installation might be unsafe etc etc.. and i can choose to continue installation or stop it... when i press continue... thats it.. nothing happens.. i was for half an hour for something to happen but its still frozen there and i have to quit it with Task Manager... Please can anyone here help me out with this problem... i dont have any sound at all now cos i F****D up my Drivers...

any help is GREATLY appreciated and im sorry for the long post...

one thing i dont know why is that everytime i try to install something it warns me about the installation might be unsafe... Why does it do that to me EVERY time i try to install something?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried reinstalling windows?

3. antmic

antmic Newbie

i dont have the Windows CD i want to see if i can do this without having to reinstall

4. TEB

TEB Newbie

Well what your describing looks to complicated to fix without permanent errors. If your sure you dont have any viruses, just do a quick reinstall of windows and dont format the drive.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That warning message usually pops up when you are installing unsigned drivers.

Have you tried reinstalling the driver? Or downloading another copy from NVIDIA?