I'd hate to admit it.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ToyotaFreak, Sep 25, 2006.

1. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

but I'm not normal.

Although I act like a normal person, I'm a sufferer of Asperger's Syndrome & been hiding it away from a lot of friends for quite a while.

2 people like this.
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Whatever lah,,, We 'ALL' have our own problems.:| :(

And, I think you are very strong for starting a thread to talk about it. :clap: Trin gives respect!!! ;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah, you shouldn't feel bad if you have a condition.

Actually one of my neighbor's son has the same syndrome. Don't hide from friends and such. Plus you are very sociable here. No problems in that regard. Don't let that get you down. :thumb:

Anyways what is "normal" anyways. I think its over rated... :mrgreen:

Normal is for the WEAK! :twisted:

4. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

I think you're alright :mrgreen: maybe that's what make you more "pron" :haha: :haha:

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

What is Asperger's Syndrome? :oops:

6. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Wikipedia is your friend :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_Syndrome

Heck, even Satoshi Tajiri, the creator Pokemon, is one of them!:thumb:

I do agree on that, I guess. :mrgreen:

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

sometimes i always hide away fr some friends mah..
    like those never contact for very long time..
    den suddenly u meet them u wouldnt know wad to talk abt... =S

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

They say Bill Gates suffers from that syndrome too (although he refuses to be tested for it.... :mrgreen: )

Such great minds.. :D

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I think the fact that you have a lot of friends and that you're able to hide it from them shows that you're doing fine :thumb:

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I agree with Papercut :thumb:

11. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

i doubt TF has it at all. he is doing very good here :D

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

I still believe that, the most sad thing in the world is you dunno what happen to you and you dunno who you are. I am great the hear that TF understand himself so well :thumb:

13. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

dont worry TF, most people said im insane also, but they js dont know me :p

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You ARE insane.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Agreed. :shock:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

lmao..... No arguments... :shifty:

17. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

& why is he insane?

18. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

He's a she.... :mrgreen:

19. Tashammer

Tashammer Newbie

i am curious ToyotaFreak as to why you felt the need to reveal?

Incidently, i have a neice who has been diagnosed as having Aspergers. Having a conversation with her can be challenging. The problem with that is that having a conversation with me can be challenging as well.

I find it discomfiting to read a wiki and find i have most of the symptoms. There again, if one reads DSM IV, one may find that one has many of the symptoms. Do we know why that might be? If we don't then let me explain.

Whatever is in the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual of the American Psychiatric Association Manual IV (or thereabouts) are variations of a norm. So if you deviate to far left or right of centre then you might get yourself diagnosed as deviating from the norm enough to get yourself a label. But, if you hide it well enough then folks won't label you.

For some people having a label is rather like the particle in the middle of a snowflake or a pearl as it gives them something to form around or coalesce personalitywise.

Other people bitterly resent being labelled and fight against it.

Still others just accept it as part of their lot and soldier on.

Other folks use the label as a means of excusing themselves of accepting responsibility for their behaviours. Sometimes parents (and others) also use the label for accepting their child and not helping their child handle it and be responsible - we call those bloody bad parents (well i just did) because they are creating more problems that would have been unnecessary for their child.

Either way, a label provides a focus.

'scuse me, i had a rant.

20. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

I don't know why, but I just had the urge to reveal.

My case isn't as serious as some of you might think (Got diagnosed at the age of 11.). My poor coordination skills (Such as carrying cups & trying not to spill them at a fast food place.) were one of them.

I still have the habit sometimes of shying away from strangers or not looking at people while in a conversation though.