If Half-Life 2 Was A Movie...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zenphic, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

they better don`t make it or they will spoil the game and disappoint the hardcore fans! :p

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I wouldn't mind getting a movie of Half-Life 1 and 2 though. I haven't played the game yet :thumb:

4. werty316

werty316 Newbie

I'm with you on this one as nothing good comes out of making a video game into a movie.

5. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i beg to differ, movies like resident evil, final fantasy, doom, and hitman are all brilliant. With the right producer in charge, it'll be another hit.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

I beg to differ too.

While resident evil was pretty ok (last one wasn't too good though), Doom was weird..., hitman is just only ok. I doubt it's anywhere near the quality of the game's story... Final fantasy? only fancy graphics IMHO. animations wasn't natural and it was very mechanical, if u get my drift.

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

1 person likes this.
  8. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i guess we have very different movie taste then :mrgreen:

9. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

out of thosee.. i must say resident evil was good . maybe because i am a zombie fan :p

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure if they are a hit, and other than Doom, I like those movies in the list, especially Hitman.

11. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Don't forget about the upcoming Halo movie as well. That's still in production right?

12. barone

barone Newbie

I think a good director can definitely pull off halflife 2 as a movie
    Halos going to be sad.

13. waynez

waynez Newbie

Halo was 2.5 minutes on my hard drive. I doubt the movie will last longer. :lol:

14. Hitman and Resident evil i thought were ok but other then that most game based movies were not to good at all. The problem i think is that they are just trying to make money off of the game and not from the quality of the movie. If they get a good team together i am sure a good game based movie can be made.

15. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

lol how did you do that :p

16. waynez

waynez Newbie

I was horrified when i saw what was the game like. I just couldn't allow a game like that to waste my precious hard drive space. :lol:

17. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Tss... you're so picky :lol:
    I hope you got a refund for the game ;)

18. waynez

waynez Newbie

I am quite picky when it comes to games. :p
    The good thing is that i borrowed the game from a friend so i didn't spend any cash for nothing. :lol:

19. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Same here. Downloaded the demo version, never regret downloading it (because I wouldn't buy one!)