Intel Atom

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by ChampionLLY, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

those crazy fellows lol..i did check that out..LN2 on Atom and i think they already void the warranty of the notebook but hey, at least the notebook can be overclock :thumb:

2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

There's nowadays many small form factor Intel Atom Packages (processor + board) sold around RM300. And they claimed that, they only used 5W of power.

I wonder if a normal, low-end C2D can use 5W of power with standby and EIST and C1E enabled ? :mrgreen:

3. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Yeah overclock isn't that great, I believe there's already an option on the MSI Wind itself where you can overclock it 25%.

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But why do you need that for a desktop environment?

It makes a lot of sense on a netbook, I agree.

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Not pretty sure about these stuff, they have piles of those SFF systems' motherboard combos sold. But I seldom hear people using or buying them. It looks like for almost the same price, with a few hundred ringgit more, one can easily purchase a low-end C2D system, like you have just said.

I guess it's for the HTPC or for those light workstations. :mrgreen:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

But I would expect HTPC to be quite powerful, at least able to handle HD contents.

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

They are targeted at self-assembled HTPCs, like the ASUS Eee Box. Can just tack on a reasonably fast graphics card for HD content.