Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad-Core Processor Review!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The review has just been upgraded to comprehensive review! :wave:

The first quad-core processor is finally out and it's from Intel. Introducing the new Core 2 Extreme QX6700 quad-core processor! Join us as we take a look at this new processor and what it means for gamers and homeusers alike.

[​IMG]

Link : Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad-Core Processor Review!

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

The Cores are magnificient processors. I admit it.

They have made four in one processors. Well, this processor will benefit WHEN software supports it. I mean, 100% support. But the performance is still bottlenecked by the HDD - because it's much slower than RAM.

For the game designers, it'll be convenient for them to split the tasks so that they can focus more on the graphics without killing performance.

For home users? Most of them are still in early dual-cores. I think, it'll be so nice to have Core 2 Quadro for home-users - turn their homes into smart homes:

Core 1 = Control the entire house's lights and water supply. Billing and taking records.

Core 2 = Security Cameras for 24-hour monitoring

Core 3 & 4 = Just for the computer itself.

And it saves power using Cores.

But now the technology is new, so I would wait for quite some time for newer revisions. :whistle:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:whistle: i would prefer a seperate system for security cams & smart house management :whistle:

i wouldnt want to "crash" the whole system and ending up tap waters running wild :p the gates open & close like a haunted house :p

5. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I like the Team Commentaries bit. Adds a nice touch :thumb:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Hahaha...I can't imagine I was able to write so much in such a short time... :haha: Having first hand experience certainly helped to make that conclusion. :D

Core 2!!! When can I afford to upgrade???

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

i think you guys should includes team commentaries in all your product review as it offers the readers something unique (like this article). i mean specification, benchmark, writeup.. there are hundred or thousand on the web, and there arent that many differences between them. majority just use whatever info manufacturers feed them. same graph same chart, in a polished style!

imo commentaries are far more important than anything else.

chai of lich: aiya...for you anytime la! :p

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I think the commentaries are a really nice touch. We should do it more often.

Team, we need to be MORE opinionated! :mrgreen:

Fok, wanna add your commentaries to our reviews?? :D