Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950/945GM vs Nvidia GeForce Go 6150

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by amachoman4u, Aug 10, 2007.

1. amachoman4u

amachoman4u Newbie

I'm having a custom built and the only two options I have are either the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950-945GM or the Nvidia GeForce Go 6150. I'm currently running Windows XP, but am wondering which GPU will handle Windows Vista better in the future. Anyone that can give me some advice will be greatly appreciated.

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Definitely 6150, it supports DX9. But what do you intend to do with it? Gaming? Or just general work?

3. amachoman4u

amachoman4u Newbie

Mainly general use. I RARELY do any gaming. I will be doing only a little bit of Engineering work that has 3-D graphics (ProEngineer Wildfire 3.0), but it will be running from an external hard drive. Other than that I will be doing a good bit of video editing. But my main concern is the upgrade to Windows Vista. My sisters new comp has the 6150, but it still seems to run slower than it should.

Here are the hardware specs my computer will have:

-Intel Core Duo processor T2450 (2.0 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
    -2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    -120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    -Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 <---potentially

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

There won't be any issue for 950, unless you want to use the fancy Aero interface, which is cool, but quite useless.

5. amachoman4u

amachoman4u Newbie

Thanks for your help. I'd like to use the Aero... mainly because that seems to be the only difference between XP and Vista, and it does seem pretty cool, but not if it comprimises my comps performance and stability. You were an awesome help!