Intel or AMD or something else..

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by kayFX, Oct 8, 2005.

?

which processor?

1. AMD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Intel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. VIA C3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Others (please state your processor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

just want to know and why you are using intel/AMD processor or other processor..

let me start.. i used to hate AMD, but that were the AMD K-6 era.. that was the first time i've ever heard of AMD processor.. before that i only think that Intel are the one and only.. start using AMD when my uncle gave me an athlon 1700+ and somehow i like the performance although the clock speed lower than the PR rating.. back then i thought 1700+ was 1.7 Ghz.. now im using 2600+ and my next upgrade will definitely AMD 64 (939).. :mrgreen:

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

i've been sticking to intel..
    for some reason i dont feel like using an AMD .. even an AMD64 :shifty:

but my first pc was an AMD 386 :shifty:

3. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

hmm.. new info for me.. at that time i dont even know that AMD exist.. :oops:

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I just buy the better product. I don't care who makes it. If its good, its goin in my PC. I've jumped from INTEL to AMD. From NVIDIA to ATI and now back to NVIDIA. :mrgreen:

5. Donutey

Donutey Newbie

yea i agree, whichever does what you need it to do at the price you want. (real clear lol)

i've always thought amd has had the better upgrade path for a while... (ignoring socket 940) but my last two systems have been intel... :mrgreen: :roll:

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, me too. But I've been using AMD since Thunderbird days. And yes, I do own Nvidia products. Just look at what's powering my AMD... :mrgreen:

7. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

back then many ppl dont want to use AMD because they say that AMD has heating issue.. now even some of intel batch has heating issue.. even now also many ppl think that AMD is hot.. and even there are those who dont even know what is AMD.. there is a fella in my college back then asking what comp i'm using and what processor.. i just said that i'm using an AMD and he ask me back 'ya.. i know, but what processor, P3 or P4?'.. he thinks that AMD is a PC brand.. :haha:

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

A64s are really cool chips now. It was a big improvement over the Bartons. Plus it does wipe Intel all over the floor... :p

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

I love AMD... why? Coz it's not Intel. :haha:

Frankly, I like anything that's worth the money and cheap with good performance. :beer:

10. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I'm with PsY and Chai. IMHO fanboyism in the extreme sense is foolish because it's quite likely that one day you'll have to keep buying your favourite company's products even though the rival products are better. Like there's this guy who posts on Singapore forums, and 99% of his posts are bashing Intel and Intel users. He's been banned before but still does it...people like him really = :wall:

Anyway, I've been using Intels all my life but next week I'm making the big change :mrgreen:

11. aka fatdog6

aka fatdog6 Newbie

Hmm i'v alway's gone with the price/preformance choice in my own systems
    intel 386sx
    intel 386dx :dance: :dance: :clap:
    pentium 75 funny how fast that thing was at the time
    pentium 133 my first real overclocker
    cyrix i forget what it was
    amd k62 300
    intel celey 300a @ 450 still got this baby
    intel P3 550 slot 1
    amd tbird 750 slot A
    amd duron 1100 socket @ 13xx
    amd athlon xp 1800+ with the lower voltage @ 2ghz
    amd xp mobile 2600+ @ 2.6ghz still running great
    most likely an amd m2 socket

12. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

good choice :thumb:
    seems like the trend here in Malaysia for most companies is that office PC is powered by intel and home-users usually go AMD. :mrgreen:

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

hmm which is better for multitasking ?

coz i'm multitasking all the time ... even when playing games :haha:

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

intel can beat amd in a few application only, for gaming its still amd for me. But for lappy i'll go intel.

15. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

yeah, what he said..

:faint: :faint: :faint:

16. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

yeah.. agree.. :mrgreen:

17. Chai

My first AMD chip was K6-2 300. I almost forgot until someone mentioned it... :haha:

18. Olle P

Olle P Newbie

AMD Athlon XP 1800+, Palomino (Slightly overclocked to 1900+ speed.)

That was the best bang for the buck I was willing to pay when I bought it several years ago...
    I will get an Athlon 64 as soon as I feel I can afford it, no later than early next year but hopefully well before then. (Still best value for the money...)

Cheers
    Olle

19. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hehe. my overclocked XP1700+ can go sub-40c on 100% load - air cooled.

20. Chai

You sounded like saying your processor can go sub -40C! :haha: