intel pentium D vs intel core 2 duo

Discussion in 'Processors, Motherboards & Memory' started by mista_haqeem, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LoL! now Core 2 Duo is faster you wanted to go for AM2? :mrgreen:

2. mista_haqeem

mista_haqeem Newbie

yeah...
    i knew that...
    just for my new amd rig...
    haha...
    i'll give a shot...
    u guys would give me a hand searching for the right stuff,can't u?

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm history...

Intel i286 16MHz, Pentium 100MHz, Pentium 200MHz MMX, AMD K6-2, AMD K6-3 (for a while... i think... Hmmm), Celeron II 350MHz, AMD Athlon 1.4GHz, Intel Centrino 1.6GHz Dothan..... If i remember correctly.

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

My history:

Cyrix 486DX-33 (got cheated by that computer distributor, should be Intel i486DX-33!! :wall:), AMD K6-2 450MHz, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, Intel Celeron D 331, AMD Sempron 2500+, AMD Sempron 3000+.

Maybe will be going for Core 2 Duo series and Sempron X2 in the future. :dance:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

haha...if you want to go so far back, may I include Intel 8088 8MHz 512K RAM! :haha:

6. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Cool, you got the blazing fast 8MHz chip not the slowpoke 4.77MHz version. :mrgreen:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's faster but not everyone has that sort of budget

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I'm not asking him to buy the high ends :haha:

9. Chai

I "think" I had the 8MHz one anyway. I was quite young back then, and the only thing I can remember was the turbo button, showing 8 when it's on, and 4 when it's off. What a convinience. If you find the game is too fast, just turn the turbo off!

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow, long time ago 512K ram is like 512MB ram back in the days of yore of computing...

But still some simple electronic appliances are still using 8MHz processors, and even 486 ones, but of course they give them a different label...

11. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Eh, if you guys really want to go so far back... can I include the Apple II??? :mrgreen:

12. Chai

It's technically not a PC. :p

13. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Dang... But it's a computer nonetheless!! :twisted:

14. mista_haqeem

mista_haqeem Newbie

i think mine is Cyrix 486DX-33...