Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 (x86, x64 e IA64)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by acedriver, Apr 25, 2006.

1. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

Official Beta 2 is out.

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
    Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition
    Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 for Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 SP1
    Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 for Windows Server 2003 ia64 Edition (Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based systems)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

Note: The previous releases were "Beta 2 Preview" - despite people calling it "Beta 2" over and over.

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

*gasp* RSS feeds,search tool bar,tabbed

really looks familiar ;)

but where is the File Edit View those bar went?

3. t-shirt

t-shirt Newbie

Many sites are reporting this as IE7 Beta3 (which might make tracking it easier)
    You won't see any big differences in the GUI, this build is just to fix (they hope) the things that were broken in preview R2, which cause some sites not to work and in some cases all of IE7 not to work at all.
    the security changes are a good thing but some sites will still have to make changes to work well now that there are more restrictions on ActiveX and script execution.

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

still prefer firefox :p

adblock adblock adblockkkkk :mrgreen:

5. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

is the beta 2 better then beta1 alot ? I installed beta1 and ...is really sucks.

6. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

I refuse to try any new Internet Explorer product, especially a beta...lol...in time i'll decide whether it has been good or not. :p

7. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

Meh Firefox does everything I need it to do and more. Yes, adblock and other extensions are almost needed for me to browse now.

8. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

I use Maxthon, which is based on IE technology...has some nice features like the tabs and web ads blocking...pretty useful imho, I won't switch until necessary or I find something better.

9. =CDU=Above

=CDU=Above Newbie

I used the beta 1 for awhile just to check it out. I kept getting script errors and certain things could not be rendered.
    I did like the tabs but Opra had that before and it seemed to work a bit smoother.
    I'll stick with FF for now.

10. doraemon

doraemon Just Started

soooooo like firefox, ctrl-T, click center button to open link in new tab.....wahahahha!!! direct copy izit?:haha: :haha:

11. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Not sure why they think changing the UI was necessary.

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, same here! :thumb:

13. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

Yay, another Maxthon user! Shame that it doesn't block all popups, but 99% is pretty good too imo! :D <3

14. =CDU=Above

=CDU=Above Newbie

Never heard of it. Got a link.

15. Kalo

Kalo Newbie

Yup, www.maxthon.com! :) Enjoy.

16. LocomotioИ

LocomotioИ Newbie

Helo.... I am a new comer
    IE7 beta 2 is damn slow:mad:
    Although it has added security against spyware and a phising thing,
    I hate to use it. I had a bad experience using IE7b2 and in frustration I deleted the expansion browser.
    Reason? Lag like shit.
    I still prefer firefox.:thumb:

17. Prototype

Prototype Newbie

I use IE, but I won't be updating until it goes final...and even then I am hoping it'll be better and less buggy. I wonder if anyone ever came to the conclusion to consider how many people use IE, compared to the competition...there are many more people looking for flaws in IE than in FireFox, Opera etc due to this alone. :O

18. Chai

What's your system specs? Judging by your input devices, it should be quite a fast one. :p

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

FF's tabmix plugin allows me to scroll the tabs. cant live without it..

20. Chai

I've tried IE7 lately, it's quite good actually. I like the extremely clean look. I like it. But as usual, there's not much customisation to be done, or do they have any plugin support?

Anyone installed IE7 with Maxthon? Will it cause any problem?