iPhoneography: A Photo Blog

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by peaz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Ok. Here's me reviving this section of the forum.

I've given myself the challenge of posting at least one photo a day starting sometime two weeks ago using only the iPhone including the editing, with a preference for a 1:1 framing. I'm also forcing myself to NOT include any description of the photo except for only the title.

The idea is to basically challenge myself to focus on the subject, composition and emotional connection of the photo rather than relying on the technical aspects of the camera.

Here's where I'm posting all of them - @Peaz 2.0 » Photoblog. I'll post them here as well (linked) from my site.

Comments and critiques are more than welcomed.

The experience thus far? It's actually more challenging than it seemed. After a while, it's not as easy to find a different subject to capture and you basically resist trying to take yet another shot of stairs, cars, trees, buildings, etc.. LOL. So you are forced to open your eyes and mind and really be aware of your surroundings, looking out for interesting subjects that you may not have noticed otherwise.

Anyways. Here's the shot from yesterday's pick.

Title: Robot
    [​IMG]
    @Peaz 2.0 » Photoblog: Robot

2. peaz

3. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

PaD project is hard... easy to start, easy to drop out. Good luck with it!

I did a weekly project last year, and this year I tightened my rules but not as strict as PaD. I don't think with my lifestyle and work I would be able to do PaD at all. My rules this year are:
    * minimum 1 post per week, the more the merrier
    * only one picture per post, pick only the best of that day to present
    * monochrome treatment only, no colour
    * must be accompanied by text, and where appropriate text should be written with a photojournalistic approach in mind

4. peaz

Yea. It's not easy at all. Plus it's not really just a photo a day that you take. You probably need to capture at least 2-3 per day and pick the best of the corp. Unless you think you already have a winner in your hand for the day. :)

PaD vs PaW is 365 shots vs 52 shots!

I think the challenge is indeed finding an interesting subject to present everyday. It's an extra challenge if you don't go out of your daily routine which forces me to try different things everyday too. I guess it helps that I take public transportation to work nowadays. But the challenge comes when I work from home. LOL!

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

My personal PaW project now is obviously my house renovation, but even I find it hard to keep up with it! :wall: :wall:

The good thing is the iPhone allows for photos to be taken easily, and from unique angles that wouldn't be possible with a DSLR. So even if the image quality is considered inferior to that of a DSLR, the iPhone allows me to take photos that wouldn't normally have been possible with a DSLR, so it's a win even if the photo isn't of print quality.

Of course, this isn't an iPhone plug. Any phone with a good built-in camera will serve just as well.

6. peaz

7. peaz

8. peaz

9. Adrian Wong

10. peaz

Part of the fun is guessing! :D :thumb:

11. atwl77

atwl77 Just Started

It's a starship launching bay, obviously.

12. Adrian Wong

I LIKE the way you think!! :D

13. peaz

14. peaz

Could be a ICBM launch silo too...

15. peaz

16. peaz