is my camera finally dead?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ToyotaFreak, May 30, 2008.

1. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

Just happened last night (Since 19:00, last used at 14:40-ish yesterday + was still in good working order at the time.), my camera can't be switched on at all.

So at first, I changed the batteries but it wouldn't work.

Recharged both, as they were low, camera still doesn't work.

Warm up the camera in front of the heater (Not directly in front.) and re-insert the batteries, doesn't work.

Is it dead (Yet.)? Or can it still be revived?

This happen to me before, but the camera will be back to normal after a couple of hours (But that's not the case now.).

btw, it's an ancient, but still usable (Or it used to be.) Casio QVR 51

Thanks,
    TF

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Sounds like there may be a power supply problem in your camera. Could be a loose cable, or something could have melted in there. Doesn't look good, IMHO. :(

But look on the bright side. You now have an excuse to buy a new camera. :twisted:

3. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

had a good look at it. Lens is jammed, and I think the other parts inside failed too. But it's already 5 years old, so yeah, time for it to head up in junk yard in the sky I guess (The warranty probably expired 2 years ago.).

heheh... I'm either eyeing my dad's Olympus e510 (He complains that it's too heavy for him.), might get a new digicam or a DSLR of my own when I'm back in Malaysia.

Borrowing a friend's cam for now.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Nikon D300... :shifty: :shifty: :mrgreen: