It's been a really bad day...

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Wonderful! :clap:

2. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Great to hear that Adrian, great to hear !

3. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

:D

Welcome back Jenny!!!:D :D :D :faint:

4. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

great!
    a little more :pray: :pray: :pray:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That's good to hear that Jenny is awake. Let's hope for the best again, and hope she recovers quickly. :pray:

6. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Great news indeed I just stopped by to check on Jenny's progress. I saw you marked away on MSN Adrian and didn't want to bother you ... your busier than usual if that is possible.

Take care both of you and the rest of you here on ARP as well I have been very busy but I haven't disappeared ;)

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

8. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Day 20

Jenny was more alert today, and her strength seemed to have improved slightly. She could open her eyes a little wider today, and move her right arm a little more.

They gave her a final dose of sedation this morning, which means she will be off sedation after that.

They intend to extubate her either tomorrow or by Tuesday. Otherwise, they will have to consider doing a tracheostomy. However, if she improves the way she has been, it's likely they won't have to do that.

When I came back in the evening though, she was quite lethargic. We will have to see how she is tomorrow noon. :pray:

10. The_YongGrand

Good to hear that Jenny's awake. We hope for a fullest recovery. :pray:

11. Adrian Wong

Day 21

Today, her strength in the left arm has improved quite a bit, but her right arm has improved only a little. Still no movement in her legs yet. I guess that's going to take some time.

They did not extubate her today. Hoping to do that tomorrow when her condition improves further. Then we will be able to see if her speech is affected.

12. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

She must feel so miserable with the tube and iv's and the stress of learning her condition...:(

Hope she feels better every hour!!!:hug:

Let Jenny know we are all rooting for her!!!!:hug:

13. The_YongGrand

We are giving the best and the most support for her to get back all the strength! :pray: :hug:

14. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Yes, please do! :arp: :hug:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Mee too! Me too! :hug: :hug:

16. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

please give jenny more power :pray: :pray:

17. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

ah is good to hear good news since my last login :)

18. Adrian Wong

Day 22

Today started off as a relatively good day but ended on a slightly sour note. :(

When I visited her at lunchtime, I discovered that they extubated her and she was breathing on her on with 30% oxygen supplied to her through a face mask.,

Her breathing was quite laboured and she was still very weak, but at least she could move a little more than yesterday. They also said she was doing better than they expected.

However, when I came back at 4:30 pm, they had already re-intubated her. Apparently, she could not breathe properly on her own. Sigh...

So, they are now planning to do a tracheostomy tomorrow if time permits. In the meantime, they put her on some mild sedative to rest until she has had her tracheostomy done.

They also had some cause for concern just before my second visit and rushed her for an emergency CT scan. They were worried she might have a rebleed.

Fortunately, I saw the CT scan and there was NO rebleed. In fact, the old clot was almost gone, and the new clot was even a tad smaller than the last CT scan.

19. The_YongGrand

Hope she'll be recovering good enough! We will continue to provide any support for Jenny and you! :pray:

20. Adrian Wong

Day 23

Today, Jenny was very drowsy and wouldn't respond to any of our commands. This was despite the doctors stopping her sedation last night. She just kept nodding off. :(

So, they have no choice but to order a tracheostomy. They restarted her on some sedation when I left at 2 pm and will continue to sedate her until her operation tomorrow morning.

When I went to visit her at 5 pm, she was still non-responsive. But a nurse happened to suction out some phlegm then. It was painful so she woke up. We managed to keep her awake (or so we think!) for about 45 minutes while we talked to her and showed her videos of Ryan.

She was not very responsive... quite passive but that's probably because she's under sedation.

Otherwise, everything else seems stable. We will have to hope that she does better after her tracheostomy tomorrow. :pray: