job interview!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by angel1011, Jun 7, 2005.

1. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

hi, going for job interview this afternoon and next week. looking forward but somehow dreaded this moment to arrive.... :shifty:

currently doing part time job lor...will last until 16 june but also feel like can't wait to end it coz 10 hours a day really "take my breath" away :haha:

this afternoon's interview is on web master...hmm....but the job description they gave is like this:
    btw this company is Innexus IT Services in cheras...:) i can't find any background but HP is one of their customers. well....expected interview questions will be "describe yourself", "why should we hire you?", "your goals in 5 years time" and things like that....

any tips from hidden bosses around ARP members?? *cough* uncle DV?? :mrgreen: btw i'm off to another interview as well in Damansara Utama next week as well. Integricity Corporation Sdn Bhd. i applied for the web designer position :mrgreen:

2. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Innexus IT services? Never heard about them.

Integricity Corporation Sdn Bhd is a RM2 paid up company incorporated on 23/11/2000 by 2 LAMs (father & son, I think). Their principal activity is 'Internet Related Business'. Annual operating revenue is about RM500K. No harm checking them out. They might be doing very well now... (psst, DU is where my office is:shhh:)

You got most of the common questions but don't forget these:

1)How do you see yourself progressing with the organisation 5 years from now if you're hired?
    2)What do you expect to find in the organisation?
    3)If you find these organisation does not suits you, what will you do?

Sound simple? :whistle:

1 person likes this.
  3. Ject

Ject Newbie

I can't stand job interviews. I mean i can do a resume and what not, but to actually be drilled on worthless crap... I just like crumble and screw up or sweat.. I just get too nervous. Maybe it is because i've only had 2 job interviews in my life time.

4. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

i read ur blog about this. :D

5. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

thanks DV!! somehow i prefer working in DU although the food's expensive and the transportation will cost me my neck..:p but i think i might be able to learn more in bigger companies gua...:shifty:

ok...my answers for the questions:
    1) i'm probably one of the senior officers guiding incoming new people and progressing with the company's changes in terms of their goals and objectives.
    2) new challenges in my work and the chances to gain more experience through them because i want to learn more.
    3) jump ship!! (bad answer :haha: but this practically poped into my mind!!) but i'll try to work one out to show loyalty..:p *fake* :shifty: i think this question is trying to show whether you're a opportunist or ...hmmm...what's the opposite anyway?*scratches head*

btw the interviews at 3pm...another 3 hours to go... :shock: but it'll get me more prepared for the DU interview next week :)

6. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

you look nervous angel. :think:

7. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

All the best angel! :thumb:

8. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Yea, interviewers like confident people (at least project like one! :haha: ).

Answer at your own normal pace and don't rush...and don't stutter too much. :angel:

All the best! :pray:

9. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

I am!! :haha:

thanks papercut and uncle DV!! :wave: but uncle DV, how ould you answer question 3?? jump ship also?? :haha:

btw, is clothing and appearance important ah?? :shock: coz i wear my baju kurung last time for interview and i must have looked slacked a bit....i think...although it's formal wear anyway :think: :mrgreen:

10. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

If I were you, I'll not go for baju kurung unless you're going for an ambassador's job or the job require you to project as such.

Look around you and see for yourself how a normal office lady dress code is. It pays to invest some money but don't choose bright (I mean very bright!) colors. :whistle:

..oh yea, and don't worry about your appearance (light make up will do). Your confidence level will determine how you look without you realising it. Be calm.

11. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

hey! i'm going to that interview too!!! j/k :p
    well its a bit late now and wish u all the best of luck.
    here's a few more tips for ur next one.

Why u want to leave ur current job?
    (i always get hit with this one, and no matter how u answer it, they can get u back)

Make eye contact and speak clearly when answering questions!
    Sit straight! Be honest! SMILE! (don't fake it thought)
    Do your homework! (find out about the company before the interview, make it work into ur presentation)

Remember that their mindset is that ur not the only one interested in the job, so u got to make urself stand out. why would they want u? what do u have to offer?

with this in mind, u have to make urself speak with conviction. words like probably, maybe, i think so is not going to separate u from the pack. go with i believe i can do it, i'm confident that i'm up to the task etc.

one last thing, go to the interview and give it all u got. either u get it or u don't. if u don't get it, u didn't lose much but gain experience from it. if u do get it, u'll start ur new job with much respect.

so good luck! i hope ur properly motivated! ARP is rooting for u! wOot! wOot! right guys? :clap:

1 person likes this.
  12. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

thanks akho!! although ur a bit late coz the interviews at 3pm haha!!:haha:

this is the post mortem:
    i got lost!! the map they gave me was wrong. the company's opposite a petronas station but they didn't state which station coz there's 3 petronas in that area!! :shock: walaueh....i was over 30 minutes late and luckily i did call the company to tell him bout my situation. :haha:

frankly speaking i lost my confidence towards the company since they provided me a misguiding map:p but after i sat down and have my talk session with the interviewer i realised that this is one hell of a chance of lifetime!! it's a new company, a branch office actually where the headquarters is in Singapore!! my god!! they are currently the vendor of Hewlett Packard and the job involves maintaining the contents of HP websites from different countries. according to him,HP is a very strict company and they're so strict that they'll suggest the boss to fire a fellow if his/her work sucks...meaning very much pressure applied... :shock:

however the good thing is it'll train a person to work for perfection...if i got the job it'll be exhausting....the work hours are kanasiao!!! 6am to 3pm or 12pm to 9pm. no public holidays off but got replacement holidays. the salary ah....will make u cry....very little only...

sigh....but the work experience they're offering are very tempting....although the salary and work incentives basically sucks....dilemma dilemma.... :wall:

13. hyper_raider

hyper_raider shutdown -h now

Unfortunately i have no word of advice angel..all i can say is good luck

14. mahakanjus

mahakanjus Newbie

does money matter to you??? if so then look elsewhere...

does the challenge excite you? if so then you should consider this job.

1 person likes this.
  15. angel1011

angel1011 Baby-DeeNoo

went to their website:http://www.innexus.com
    somehow it sort of gave me impression like they're both new in SG and over here. but the interviewer told me they have been operating for 5 years in SG...
    sort of put me in tight spot. i wana go for more interviews first, but i have to reply latest on this friday...i have to fast forward my DU interview on this thursday, then see which one i'd prefer.

like mahakanjus said it's either a passion for higher salary or experience to make my decision. i dun wana ended up as a sales person with high salary but meaningless....sorry to say that but i have a level of dislikeness towards sales...:p i rather possess a certain level of knowledge so it's like a valuable asset and bargain power as well....and believe me, everyone can do sales as long as you know how to speak...:p but speaking's not easy as well....it's more on your ability to persuade ppl.

well....thanks a lot anyway, please tell me more of your opinions....so many fresh grads here and your sole advice is very valuable to us all.. :)

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

fresh grad usually has no commitment to any course (house, car, family..etc)
    so I would say start something that u really like and interested in, something that you have passion in , so that you can live an inspired life and move on from there :D so that when u work, you are not actually working but living ur life:) I believe thats the way to bring the best out of yourself...and you can improve from there. Im not saying that everyone should share the same perspective. but at least it works for me, and Im about to graduate soon (next week). Getting a job that I have serious interest in is my top priority. I personally dun see the point of forcibly dragging myself into the office every morning and go back home at 5 sharp. wat the point of doing that, an unfulfilled life, and you wont go far from there. I hate thosel who always complain about their job.

anyway, Im just a fresh grad like many of you, inexperieced and that are so mcuh to learn..

digitalvoice, mad1, goldfries, marauderz!..you guys are experienced. shed some light on all the fresh grad here :D Im listening! :D god bless all the fresh grad! :D

17. aKho

aKho beat around the bush

ROFL!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:
    dun feel too bad, my last interview i had a hard time finding the place as well. i had to call their office and ask for directions! :oops:

well, since ur still young (young at heart :p ) always good to gain more experience. i doubt this is gonna be the final job ur getting urself into till ur age 56+..it'll look good on ur resume for ur next job.

OMG! That sounds so like me now. Drag myself to work, go back 5pm sharp, complain everyday about the boss...currently searching for a new job to hop over. Been in this one for 2 years+.

I'll forgive u for being inexperienced. But i always hated people complaining about their jobs too. at least u have a job, that's what i tell them. even if its not the ideal one u want. that was before i graduated.

now that i'm in the job-politics world, i can relate. the complains are necessary to let of stress at times. truth of the matter, its not easy to get ur ideal job. more probably u'll trudge thru life trying to find it while suffering under less ideal circumstances.

some people adapt, some people complain. :thumb:

18. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

One of the guiding principle for success - GIVE YOUR BEST IN WHATEVER SHIT JOB YOU'RE IN, REGARDLESS OF HOW MEAGRE THE PAY IS!

Experience count. Learn whatever that's needed to be learned. The invaluable experience gained will be your chip for a higher paying job - but that comes later. Most people do not have the patience to do that and that's sad. They feel bored just 3 to 6 months into the job, totally forgetting their enthusiasm and 'spark' when they first joined the organisation.

My 2 cents. :p

19. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

Wish you can get a good job angel...If you feel not confortable with the company just left it... choose a good one when you are still fresh :D

20. siddiq

siddiq Newbie

Good Luck! i dunno about job. :o