keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by lee_what2004, Apr 7, 2008.

1. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

As I just killed my laptop's keyboard, I would like to ask opinions for keyboard, budget is around MYR 200 or $50.
    I am thinking of microsoft natural ergonomic 4000:)
    any opinions are welcomed.

p/s. really grateful to windows' on-screen keyboard:lol:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

peaz and me using the same keyboard! Not bad for the price. RM180 at All IT, the cheapest on Lowyat that I could find.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Make sure that your hands are okay with the ergonomic design of the keyboard. I'm still getting used to the Microsoft Comfort 2000. ;)

4. Chai

I got used to the ergonomics very easily, very comfortable. But getting used to the layout is a different matter though... :lol:

5. lee_what2004

well, at first I was thinking of comfort curve 2000, because cheaper.
    but, after a thought, I like to type where my hand are at the same level with my keyboard as previously I typing on a notebook.
    from there, I end up with natural ergonomic 4000, as per now, looking for some opinion :D

as for the layout, I'm sure I'll get used to it after some "training" with my assignment ;)

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

i have a wireless comfort keyboard 4000
    but when i went to one of the cyber cafe, i fell in love with the wired comfort keyboard 2000.. unlike 4000, when you type ,it almost silent.. plus it only > rm60 in the market now.. and wireless can be quite a problem

7. lee_what2004

one quick question.. Is 4000 noisy?
    I wouldn't want to disturb my roomate :naughty:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  8. Chai

Its quiet when it's new, as usual. :D The rubber hardens overtime.

9. lee_what2004

that's mean yours already noisy:confused:

10. Chai

Slightly, but my room is extremely hot, any keyboard will harden extremely fast.

11. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Honestly, i still like my RM 30 Logitech Media Keyboard which i got it AllIT although it's not wireless. One at home and one in office.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  12. lee_what2004

its p/s2 right?

13. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Oh ya... currently Low Yat got a promotion for a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set for RM99. Is that recommended? I'm not sure what the model is....

Edit: Just found it from Microsoft website. It's a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 700

14. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

yup

Oh crap... i forgotten that you're looking for a USB Keyboard for your laptop...

15. lee_what2004

as for now, just looking for keyboard, as I already have a wireless mouse.
    between comfort curve 2000, and natural ergonomic 4000.

any opinion for a portable keyboard?

16. SD3

SD3 Newbie

how about something like this: Air Touch Flexible Keyboard
    you just fold it up, it doesn't take up a lot of space and you don't have to worry about breaking it....

but it probably isn't the best thing to write on, ZX spectrum feeling :)

17. lee_what2004

oh, that one. I tried my friends one, very hard to type on :faint:

as for now, I decided to repair my notebook keyboard.
    thanks to all who have responded :thumb:

18. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

and that cost a whopping rm619 :D

19. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

The natural 4000 is a great keyboard :) and yes. mine's kinda noisy now. waiting for it to fail somewhere before i go exchange it again... for free LOL!

Too bad the Natural wireless combo (the one with the wireless version of the natural 4000 and the weird looking natural 6000 mouse) is just only available. I'd get that in an instant if that one was available back then.

20. lee_what2004

is the spacebar needed to be pressed on the center? As I read some review, it is difficult to pressed if pressed from the side. hitting the left side is my habit :mrgreen: