Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you... the Scythe Orochi

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by Zenphic, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz, TDP65W)
    Ambient: 20

Fanless
    Idle 35 to 37
    Load 56~58

/with 140MM 500RPM
    Idle 24 to 27
    Load 44 to 46

:shock:

2. m0dD3r

m0dD3r Newbie

Hehe, for any of you who have played Warriors:Orochi on Xbox360, that is what the main boss, Orochi, is like. BIG, SCARY, and MOTHERBOARD THREATENING. Ok, maybe not the last one, but still. That thing is a beast.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Funny how Scythe would name their cooler after a monster... :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

LOL!! Didn't someone's motherboard died when they tried to lift the motherboard WITH the cooler still attached?? :haha: :haha:

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

They shouldn't lift the mainboard with such a heavy cooler attached to begin with. :mrgreen: Always lift the heatsink together with the mainboard.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I wouldn't want that to happend to me :haha:

7. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Yeah, they lifted the motherboard and I guess, its "back" just gave out! :haha: :haha:

8. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That heatsink is so XXL until it might cause the board to sag... very seriously. I guess if I lift the board up with the HSF the big chunk of metal will zoom downwards first and then with a big hole on the processor side. :haha:

Anyway, a good cooler - but a little bit monstrous. These stuff should have extra strong mountings for the board as well. :mrgreen:

9. Adrian Wong

Your motherboard won't break... but lifting the motherboard with such a heavy cooler installed will kill it.