Let's discuss about the Anwar case here!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by TungstenBoy, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Totally agree. Hmm.. Maybe we should have a topic on him. :mrgreen:

Let's get back to topic! :mrgreen:

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Oh this thread is discussing about Anwar :p

Anyway, it is very stupid to say that someone isn't patriotic if he doesn't wave flags :lol: :lol: :haha: :haha:

3. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Sorry for quoting my own post, but it looks quite apparent that Malaysian politics is pretty well scripted. What was told to me would happen actually happened. Whether or not the end result is to our benefit perhaps remains the only mystery.

4. alexan

alexan Newbie

Finally Anwar has been freed and will be having the surgery he needed in Germany. After that, let's see if there will be any political change.

1 person likes this.
  5. Adrian Wong

Heh.. I think Anwar has been too long out of politics that he no longer has that commanding a presence. :think:

Especially when Pak Lah is so popular. :whistle:

6. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

At least for now. You can never tell what will happen in the future. :twisted:

Wonder any secret pact being made for his early release. :think:

7. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. From what I see, this has been planned some time ago. :think:

Suddenly the court overturns both Anwar's and his brother-in-law's guilty verdicts. Just like that. :shock:

8. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

The timing couldn't be any better too!

1) Anwar's back is killing him, he needs his German treatment
    2) Badawi just got his mandate from UMNO. Anwar isn't a threat anymore
    3) Anwar will still be out of politics until April 2008. Elections is due in early 2008.

I'm surprised our buddy, Abdul Kadir hasn't run his mouth yet. Perhaps he has some wise-ass opinions about this too! :mrgreen:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Busy buying bow ties and scripting some more "perfect" remarks? :lol:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

let me sweep my floor first..

eagerly waiting for Mr.Bow Tie's remarks..

gonna ROTFL soon...soon..

11. digitalvoice

digitalvoice Newbie

Oledi ROTFLOL! .. :haha: :haha: :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. Do you think Anwar will rejoin politics? :think:

And if so, Keadilan or PAS? :whistle:

13. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

It would make the Keadilan people look really stupid if he joins PAS, Keadilan was basic form around him...well sort of.

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah but Anwar was considering on joining PAS just before he was arrested and jailed.

1 person likes this.
  15. badawi_rocks

badawi_rocks Newbie

Keadilan might just be disbanded considering they have nothing left to fight for. Keadilan was formed, as its name suggests, when Anwar was arrested, to fight for him. While they do have other agendas, they are by and large irrelevant now. I reckon Anwar will rejoin UMNO some time later and challenge Najib.

Just for the record, while I believe Anwar should be freed, I don't like him. His history suggests he is very pro-Malay, and that worries me. The whole saga with him being great friends with the Saudi monarchy and that they offered him a plane worries me also. No offence to our Malay forumers, I'd just prefer a leader whose history hasn't been tainted as Anwar's has.

Oh, I finally realised the grand reason why our old buddy Abdul Kadir hasn't uttered a word. He was told not to! Apparently, only Badawi, Najib and the Tun could comment on the Anwar issue. Everyone else is forbidden. Poor Abdul Kadir! He must be bursting out trying to spread his pearls of wisdom to us! :whistle:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2004
    1 person likes this.
  16. Adrian Wong

To be honest, I'm pretty worried too about his leaning towards fundamentalism, rather than secularism. IMHO, although his arrest and imprisonment was all in bad taste, it might have been a good move for the country in retrospect.

Look at what we have now - Badawi for Prime Minister. If Anwar were at the helm today, I personally don't think we will quite enjoy the same harmony or personal freedom as we do today. :think:

But I think the only logical choice would be for him to rejoin UMNO and work his way up to the top again. Joining PAS would really kill what's left of his political career. And trying to rebuild Keadilan to serve as a credible opposition party would take way too much time and effort.

ROTFL! OT : I can imagine Bow Tie issuing a press release that Anwar was not patriotic because he didn't shout Merdeka! seven times or sing Negaraku when he was released! :haha:

17. lung

lung Just Started

Is that true? Where did you hear it from? :think: Why would they forbid the other ministers from commenting?

Anyway, I don't think Anwar will come back into the political scene... If he does, it will be with Keadilan (if the party's not going to disband; else -> UMNO).

Is he pro-Malay? I don't really know but I do remember him writing a Chinese caligraphy (how do you spell this word :oops: ) stating 'wo men shi yi jia ren' ('we are one family')...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
    1 person likes this.
  18. Jet

Jet Just Started

Anwar only brings shame to his nation.. :doh: :doh:

19. Adrian Wong

LOL! I'm not so sure about that. But Abdul Kadir certainly does that! :haha:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

well, not that I'm pro or anti anwar...

But... what is your basis of your statement? do you really believe all that's written in our newspapers and all that's shown in the TV which is all basically controlled by Big Bro?

;)