Little Ninjai

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Infopro, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Infopro

Infopro Newbie

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow! This is cool stuff! Thanks for the link Infopro!

3. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Yeah, welcome Infopro.

I would definitely wish that the popups would be gone, but unfortunately they are needed to run the place.

I guess its a small price to pay for a wealth of information that the owner (Adrian) of the site provides. :lol:

4. Chai

Is there any popups around here? I don't see any...

5. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Are you using Mozilla? Well, let me tell you my man Chai, there are Popups and pop unders around here.

I guess if you allow burstnet to stream ad into your site, you will have no control as to what they include it into their rotation.

But oh well... its all good. Like I said, a small price to pay.

6. Chai

Nope, I'm using IE. Funny. I don't see any popups.
    Wait. I told Adrian about the popups. He will disable it later. Thanks for notifying.

7. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

IS there any pop-ups here???? i dun think so :D

anyway, this is a good place to start discussing. whether ads should be used or not.

Personally, I think should not use them as ad companies not sort of 'abuse' the system and show all sorts of ads now. and they would try to force you to include pop-up ones.

On the other hand, we need some sort of revenue to pay for hostings and equipments. 3rd party banner ads is one source, until we are big enuf to get our own sponsors and advertisers on our site...

sigh. what's your take?

8. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Are you all kidding me? How come I seem to be the only person, other than Infopro to get any popups and pop unders.

Maybe its because of where I am accessing the forum from. The only difference is the location. :?: :roll:

9. peaz

There should NOT be any pop-ups here cos we did not include any ads scripts in here yet!!!!

right???

must be some 'spyware' that's poping up those ads my man...

10. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Bro... have you seen the top and bottom part of this forum? They are adverts from Burstnet and Burstnet rotates the ads according to their clientele.

I was in this forum when it started and without the adverts at the top and bottom and there wasn't any popups or pop-unders. But after Chai or Adrian included scripts for Burstnet's advertisments, I have been getting those pesky popups and pop unders.

But as I have said, its a small price for me to pay to be able to participate in a website and forum that have so much information. :lol:

P/S: I know I do not have any spyware on this machine that I am using coz it is a fully dedicated DC box. Nothing else.

11. Chai

Adrian told me to add it. :) But seriously, I've not seen any pop ups. I'm using this app call Popup Ad Filter. It's very good, it kills the popup even before the window appear!

BTW, I did test with the popup ad filter disabled. :)

12. peaz

well, i didn't know that norton's built-in ad blocker in Internet security 2003 is THAT good.... I do not even see any banner images at all, not even a hint. just the plain white background...

13. Chai

The pop ups and pup unders are disabled. Since I can't see it myself, please report to us. Thanks!

14. Jeremy

Jeremy Black Sheep

Confirmed got POP-UPS!

15. Chai

Crap, the popup is not supposed to be here now.

16. Chai

Adrian told me not all ads can be disabled. There's one tageted campaign, which is a pop under. It can't be turn off. No choice. Really sorry about that.

17. peaz

go install Norton Internet security and say bye bye to pop-up ads... :D hehe.... the ad blocker is really that good....

18. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

Well no problem about that. Its a small price for me to pay.

Anyway, I DO NOT like Norton. He sucks! Big time. So I am just a nice McAfee person whom does not like anything else except VirusScan.

If I want to kill ads, I think Mozilla would be a great solution.

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I hate Pop-Ups!

Hello everyone!

So sorry for not participating in the forums earlier. Too much work... too little time. That's my official exc- ah-hem... reason... ;)

As for the pop-ups and pop-unders, I must apologize. It was my fault. Before we launched the new ARP, I was really bogged down by work. Never even bothered to check what they were loading up in Burst. Chai reminded me several times but I always forgot. Official reason : "I've got bigger things on my mind... hehe".

Anyway, I think I fixed that now. Honestly, I detest Pop-Ups. They are damn annoying. We will never allow Pop-Ups to be displayed on ARP. If there are pop-ups, it's only by accident and you can be sure we will kick them out the window as soon as we find out.

As for Pop-Unders, I will also not allow it except for certain situations, i.e. the targeted campaign that Chai mentioned. Other than special targeted ad campaigns, there will be NO Pop-Unders as well.

For the Pop-Under campaign currently underway (and any other in the future), it's supposed to only pop BEHIND the IE window just ONCE per session. So, everytime you visit Adrian's Rojak Pot, you should only have to bear with this annoyance just once. If you get it more than once, please let me know. I'll bring it up with Burst.

So, while most of the money is in Pop-Ups and Pop-Unders (to a lesser degree), Adrian's Rojak Pot will rely on click-throughs and some impression ads to keep going. Hope it works out! :)

20. PY 222

PY 222 <b>DF King</b>

You better get your a$$ in here more often or else we won't know who Adrian is in 'Adrian's RojakPot'.

Btw, have you graduated yet? :lol: