Local : Ailing Proton Looks to Mecca

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just a primer before the big news...

Proton have been in talks with Volkswagen and GM, almost on their knees once when Volkswagen broke off talks. Just a few weeks ago, they announced that talks were ongoing and an agreement would be reached pretty soon. Great news for the share market, isn't it?

Then the bombshell. Proton suddenly broke off talks with Volkswagen and GM (or so their story goes). The reason? They are selling more cars now and think they can do it alone. :nuts:

Now... another bombshell. Their next big plan to turn around this deadbeat company - to produce an "Islamic" car. :shock:

This is the report from AsiaSentinel :

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

... speechless.

3. Adrian Wong

Notice how they like to turn to religion when everything else fails. :nuts:

Seriously, I always believe that God helps those who help themselves. :mrgreen:

Good luck to Proton. Good luck to those who still hold Proton shares. :thumb:

4. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh goodness gracious me! :faint: Now, I have two almost ailing Proton cars. One is my Wira, which nowadays started acting up. and one is my 2nd hand Iswara, and the whole thing is failing. Yesterday, the temp indicator went to the red side, and the coolant IS LEAKING!!! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Please doctor and friends, i need recommendations on a new car!! :whistle:

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, only LICH people can afford it. :p

7. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

price range of mini & civic type R too..

8. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

9. Adrian Wong

Which is why this is really a lame attempt at trying to turn around the company. Isn't it funny that they always turn to religion whenever they fail to make things work?

I personally believe that God helps those who help themselves... I doubt he approves of Proton trying to hoist their products up using his good name. :snooty: :haha:

10. Adrian Wong

FYI, my cousin bought a Satria Neo. Although I heard it was a good car, he has been facing a LOT of QC problems with this car. His recommendation - AVOID AT ALL COST! :hand:

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I see.

Meanwhile... I'm still wondering why must religion be featured in a car? I'm still thinking and thinking and thinking... :faint:

The best thing is, the phrase "God will help those who help themselves" really works. But how does the concept car really helping themselves anyway? :)

12. Adrian Wong

Well, they just can't think of anything better. :haha: