Looking for PC mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by kelly1321, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kelly1321

kelly1321 Newbie

Hello friends,

Just logged in to tell you that my PC mouse has been broken. Therefore I am here to buy a new one.So please let me know the website where I can checkout and purchase latest and a good quality mouse which should be light weight,easy to use.

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Newegg.com?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Logitech MX518. Cheap and good.

4. k44k

k44k Newbie

I recommend Logitech MX518 or MS Sidewinder X5.

5. Robert3

Robert3 Banned

I recommend you to purcahse the Apple Mouse this si the best and also looking good to attach with your PC i have recently purchase this mouse and good performance of corsor moving and scrolling you can watch out this Apple mouse on the Google Images...

6. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

8. Chai

I'm using Logitech G400 now. 3600dpi, 1:1 movement (no acceleration), no prediction, and it's pretty affordable.

9. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I had 3 m505s and 1 M705 mouse already, I love the egornomics, but the problem about logitech mouse is the buttons. I first M505 was great even still work after more than 5 years had not for the rubber wearing off I would not have changed it, the new ones have horrible buttons. Only lasted me a year before it started double clicking when not supposed to and I couldn't drag anymore.

Finally I searched online and decide to DIY, seems it's a common issue with logitech mouse. I opend up the button mechanism and reshaped the copper thingy, all in all took me 4 hours to do it but now my M705 is working like new.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I have the same problem with Razer mice... :wall: :wall:

11. EhJude

EhJude Newbie

I have a razer death adder mouse that I really like. I'm normally pretty heavy on my mice but this one's lasted probably 3-4 years. Comfy in the hand, light weight, and accurate.

12. remixedcat

remixedcat Newbie

I really love my Logitech G700 mouse.... tons of buttons, feels great. and I love how it's both wired and wireless.

13. shown1980

shown1980 Newbie

you should purchase a dell company's mouse and
    it has very light weight and nice looking and
    you can buy a mouse online to search a online mouse's
    product website

14. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Never ever ever buy this mouse.

This is mouse with shortest life span i ever see. My office having hundred of this mouse, and most of them required replacement just after months of using them.

[​IMG]

I got a replacement of Lenovo Laser mouse from IT deparment. It is lightweight and impressively responsive. Served me for 2 years now.

[​IMG]

At home, i got a logitech Media Play Cordless Mouse. Really like can have all the control in my hand. Too bad Logitech didn't continue this product line. The mouse is working fine, except the Rubber on the side are all degraded.

[​IMG]

15. Chai

I'm using the classic Logitech G400, same design as the MX500. Affordable gaming mouse.

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm using a cheap Logitech M215 wireless mouse. So far quite reliable. The only problem is it sucks quite a bit of power and only runs on a single AA battery. It doesn't give enough advanced warning (using the red LED light) so most of the time, I realise that it's out of juice when it stops working! :D

I'm also using the Apple Magic Mouse for the MacBook Pro. It lasts a long time because it uses two AA batteries, and the built-in touch pad is really useful. The only bad thing is that it's quite "slow", so it takes a lot of moving to traverse the 1280x800 screen.

17. alyy8128

alyy8128 Newbie

Last week just got myself a 2nd hand Logitech MX 905. Quite small, but utilize 2 AA battery. Will feel my fingers is tired after few hours of running with it.

[​IMG]

Got this present from my Brother. Don't need to use battery charger anymore.

[​IMG]

18. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

You need to change the acceleration :) But I do agree that moving from Windows to Mac, the mouse 'acceleration' and tracking speed is quite different. Takes a little to get used to the different acceleration curve.

Right now, I'm using the Razer Orochi. It's surprisingly good. Lasted me 3 years already now. The great thing about it is that it's a bluetooth mouse, no need for another dongle sticking out of my notebook.

19. Chai

For me, it is a must to disable acceleration. It makes the mouse cursor very unpredictable. There's a major problem with disabling acceleration in Windows, in fact, there's a very popular patch for that. I can't recall the name though. In addition to that, there are mice that have acceleration built-in, which means even if you disabled acceleration, you will not get 1:1 control.

Another common problem with mice is mouse prediction/angle snapping. If a mouse has very aggressive angle snapping, it is not possible to draw a rounded circle.

Personally, I find mice with manual DPI selection very tweakable in this situation. If you need responsive cursor, just increase the DPI. If you need precision, reduce it.

The later version of Logitech G400 does not have angle snapping, nor built-in acceleration.

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Still with my MX518... all dusty and shit... don't game much anymore... nowadays, I just watch tv series. :lol: