Looking for PDAphone with wifi

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Dashken, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If lich, I buy iPhone already la... :p

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

iPhone really that good meh?

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Dunno... if not good also stylo ma... :mrgreen:

Here in Penang not many iPhone users lo...

4. Chai

LOL! Buy iPhone for style. That's what most people bought it for.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, the interface is something you must try to believe. Incredible interface... :thumb:

6. Chai

Like I always say:

- No GPS (first edition lacks of it, and even the second version, does it have Malaysia map? Don't think so)
    - No 3G video call
    - No hardware keyboard
    - No 3rd party software support

In fact, Dashken's G900 has got more features than an iPhone, other than lack of GPS. :mrgreen:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  7. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup, no GPS. I don't see the need for it, so no problem.

One thing I don't like about G900 is I have to end the tasks in task manager all the time. There's no 'x' icon for me to close Messaging, Contacts, etc. after I'm finished with them. There's only the Back icon or can use the button on the keypad. KNN...so, have to check the task manager very often. This is stupid.. :faint:

And the stylus is so tiny...

8. Chai

Yeah, I can tell G900 should not even have touchscreen when I saw the specs. It's far too small to be practical. Using stylus is a must. It could have been better if it doesn't come with touchscreen and priced a little lower.

9. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

But I like the touch screen but think there's improvement to be made. Like the scrollbar, it's impossible to use your thumb to pull it down because it's so thin! I have to use the tip of my finger, turn it 90 degrees counter clockwise and drag it down. KNN...

I bought the phone for the touch screen. Others with one are just too expensive for me. Like your phone... :faint: Or even the Touch Cruise.

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

OMFG!!! I just realized that there's no profile settings for this phone!!! :wall: :wall: :doh: :wall: :wall: :faint: :wall:

11. Chai

Since the screen is small, I don't think they want to make the scroll bar thicker. This screen is not meant for finger operation.

12. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

Well here i get an

MIO P550

Touch screen

Wifi
    Bluetooth
    Skype Aproved
    Integrated GPS
    WM5

I have this PDA and the GPS works great .

I get it for 380 CAD

13. Chai

Hmm, WM5 only?