Lowepro Flipside 400AW

Discussion in 'Chai' started by Chai, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

My first camera bag, Lowepro Off Trail 2, is still with me today. That's when I bought my first DSLR, Nikon D70, back in early 2005. I bought a few more Lowepro accessories like Lens Case 4, Toploader 75, S & F Deluxe Waistbelt, which I still own it today.

Toploader 75 is quite convenient if you have a relatively small and light kit, but it gets really bulky when you start adding Lens Case. It fits a pro DSLR body with a 70-200 F/2.8 equivalent lens attached comfortably. You can even add the S&F Waist Belt and Chest harness for additional support. Despite all the additional accessories, it is uncomfortable for travelling, especially during my recent trip to Korea.

So I decided it's time for a new bag, a proper backpack which fits all my important lenses (The Nikon Holy Trinity, 14-24mm f/2.8G, 24-70mm f/2.8G and 80-200mm f/2.8 AFS). The most common problem with many camera backpack is you need to remove your bag to access the contents. With Flipside, using the waist harness, you can slide the bag forward and open the compartment while keeping off the ground. Some might like it, some might not. The reason why I like the Toploader was to keep the bag fasten to my waist while I still have access to the camera.

As you can see below, there's still some room to spare, despite fitting in 3 huge lenses, and an SB900 flash. It could easily fit a few more Tamron 17-50 or other similarly sized lens.

It has a tripod holder, jacket holder, all weather cover, SlipLockā„¢ compatible accessories holder. On the outer pocket, it can still fit an iPad! There are tons of other compartments inside for other items like memory card, pens, booklets, cables, batteries, or what ever items that you can think of.

And best of all, it is quite affordable for such a bag, at around RM400+. It is highly recommended if you are looking for a fully equipped camera backpack for travelling!

Attached Files:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

You bought that locally?? Ampang Point?

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I bought from Cretive Photo.

4. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Been using it for more than 2 years now, totally replaced my shoulder harnest + Waist Belt + toploader system.

It fits perfectly with D300 + 70-200 + 24-70 + 12-24 + 50 mm + flash, best part is I can add lens case if i need.