M$ in, Logitech out!

Discussion in 'Peaz' started by peaz, Jan 6, 2007.

1. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

If you saw my post in the bragging corner, then you'd know what I've just gotten myself! The keyboard is all good. But removing the Logitech iTouch software was pure pain! I actually need to manually remove every instance of the darn software!

Here's the steps as I've posted in my blog how I removed it.

1. Kill the iTouch.exe
    2. Run "Regedit.exe" and backup up your entire registry
    3. Go to C:\Program Files\ and delete off the Logitech folder. If you use other Logitech hardware and does have other software than just the iTouch, then, drill down one level deeper and delete off the C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch folder. Well, please backup the folder that you will be deleting to somewhere else first of course!
    4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\ and delete off the Logitech folder only if you only use iTouch and nothing else. Of course... backup backup backup!
    5. The uninstallation setup files is located somewhere in "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information". The easy way to find it is to just simply do a search of the folder for any files containing "logitech" in it. There should be a file called 'setup.inx' that has the word logitech in it. Once the file is found, right click on the file and go into the containing folder. Remember the name of the folder and then... delete it of course. REMEMBER to backup!
    6. Alright. All the files has been deleted. Now here's the fun registry part, Fire up regedit.exe again.
    7. Ok.... if you only use iTouch and nothing else, you and blindly search for the word Logitech and delete any folder/key that contains it. This step takes a little guesswork to determine what you can delete and whether you can delete the whole folder or just the key. Now, the easiest way is to see all the values and keys within the folder where you found the word Logitech. If it's all Logitech, then you may attempt to delete it. If you aren't sure, leave it. If it's anything to do with iTouch, just delete it. continue this step all the way from the start of the registry till the end. Note that you will also probably come across some references of Logitech but related to the web cam or something else which is installed by default with Windows or some other Microsoft software. Leave those as it is. You'd also eventually reach to the Logitech HID USB keyboard or something similar to this. You might or might not be able to delete the whole folder. What you need to do is just right click on the registry folder and reset the permission of the folder to full control for everyone. Then delete it.
    8. Once done with the registry edit, you should be able to install the IntelliType software!
    9. Once installed, restart your PC and make sure it's all good. Otherwise, well, bad luck, you might have deleted something extra. Try reinstalling some of the other Logitech software and see it those stuff works again.

Surely not for the faint hearted! :wall: But all is good now... I hope! Haha.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. You can't just uninstall the Logitech software?? :think:

3. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Nope... it won't uninstall. always keep saying OS not supported. Stupid.... already install, WTH not supported???

The software engineers at Logitech are probably just a bunch of dungu-s.... crap. gone were the days where we hunt high and low for those Logitech mouse drivers that loads up with the least memory used in those DOS days.

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

logitech software sux big times.

btw, peaz, sell me ur logitech keyboard la :mrgreen:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Even the software for G5 is crap...sigh.