Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup... 137 - 82.

2 seats in Sabah and 1 in Sarawak which I think will probably go to BN which was very much expected. When the voting finished and the results started to come in last night, BN already guaranteed of retaining their dominance in Sabah and Sarawak after the first/second hour and Johor as well. Those places, no fight at all. My colleagues and me were discussing whether those places got Internet or not. Sorry... :haha:

So, the final results should be 140 - 82. Still an amazing achievement! :thumb: :clap: :beer:

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The situation is different in east Malaysia. BN parties are actually doing their job and people there are more or less satisfied. The opposition there however is weak and most know how to talk cock only (maybe except the DAP candidate in Kuching). Also, most people east Msia couldn't care less about denying BN 2/3 majority, or they just probably don't know how arrogant BN is in west Malaysia.

8. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

This is exactly what i was thinking :haha: :haha:

As far as i know, the culture of Kuching is more similar to West Malaysia compared to other towns, so the exposure to Kuching ppl is wide, thus DAP winning there is not a surprise for me.

IMO, If Sarawak were given more attention by the Opposition, the numbers of seats won can be more beautiful, since Sarawak have a total of 31 seats, the most among the states.

PS: it ticks me off that Bintulu's Tiong King Sing won again, only to attend dinners and getting free foods and ang paos..:wall: :wall: :wall:
    he eats so much that, if he appears on the front page, he covers half of the newspaper :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

think again, umno was given a big hand by BN parties in sarawak and sabah.

10. bslee

bslee Newbie

IMHO, the very best thing to happen is all the opposition parties to form a permanent coalition. The is the best time to unite, walk the talk, power sharing with least haggling or squabble. An opposition coalition serves as the foundation for greater things to happen. They cannot operate like warring states warlords. If this doesn't happen, BN will continue forever to shun and despise ALL of them like the plague.(matter of fact, those last nite's TV live broadcast guest analysts were blatantly biased with their views.) Barisan Rakyat (I'll continue to call them that) have to forge ahead and walk the talk. They cannot continue to be an underdog and in the shadow of BN. Denying 2/3 majority have been achieved. The newly elected rookies have to learn the ropes fast if they want to retain their seats and maintain their prestige and reputation. They have to excel further by gaining more rakyat confidence to do better next GE which is only 5 years away...not discounting any by-elections which can happen anytime. People ARE going to watch closely hereon and people ARE going to remember well.
    The battle is still NOT over yet!.. Its a 5 year battle and they CANNOT rest on their laurels.

11. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly, the opposition didn't give much attention to Sarawak/Sabah. Just look at Bintulu, you don't see much opposition's campaign going on like BN's. The only exception is Kuching as far as I know, DAP is actually very strong there, campaigning budget also higher :haha:

12. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

It's too bad the oppositions didn't unite and avoid 3-cornered fight in Sabah and Sarawak. Or else, the ending would be so different. But still without the exposure to real news and Internet are the real disadvantages there. :faint: If I only read newspapers and watch tv everyday, I'd have ended up voting for BN instead. :haha:

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

16. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!