Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

No more NEP in Opposition-controlled states? Too bad it will only apply to their administrations. But it's a start. It should be Bangsa Malaysia (Malaysian race) from now on, not Malay, Chinese or Indian! :thumb: :thumb:

2. Adrian Wong

Is this not proof of misconduct and/or mismanagement by Khir Toyo, ex-Chief Minister of Selangor??? :mad:

Attached Files:

3. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

Frankly speaking, this is not the one im looking forward.

4. Adrian Wong

There may be trouble brewing in Perak, but things seem to be going well in Penang... :think:

5. Adrian Wong

I totally agree with them. Koh Tsu Koon was a gentleman, even in defeat. He may have done very little for Penang, but no one can say he was anything less than a gentleman. :thumb:

6. ALstonLoong

ALstonLoong Newbie

Hopefully they wont screw up as ppl has vote them with hope. We all would like to see some changes eventhough just 5 states. Frankly, i would like to see they able to work together and bring benefit to us specially corruption , inflation and management of the country. We have 3 main races, if not able to work hand in hand ...there will be no " future" for this country on coming years.

7. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

wah. so fast already they fighting in Perak. WHY???? :(

8. Adrian Wong

Woohooo!!! Here's a great editorial by Michael Backman. :thumb: :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

Because PAS only won 6 seats, while DAP has three times as many seats at 18. PKR won 7.

So, it appears that DAP is of the opinion that the Chief Minister post should go to them, as the largest party in the coalition.. or the PKR rep they agreed to, at the very least.

10. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

hmm.. sad. sounds like they're gonna be pissed for some time. >.<

11. Adrian Wong

I think it's only natural. Too bad they cannot see beyond it to work closer together. :think:

12. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

i do hope they work something out else the coalition will be over.

13. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

I guess many in DAP would regard this as the very inequality and racism that is still so ever present in this country. COnsidering that they won the most sits, naturally they would expect someone from thier own party or someone that the party endorsed to be the next menteri besar.

If DAP does not object to this, they will be regarded as weak by its supporters, and unable to fight for them, for their rights to eqaulity. With that, there will be some political backslash for DAP in the future.

14. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Walau...hoping that they don't fight la... if not, all of our efforts could have been gone down the drain again! :haha:

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

You guys dunno? After Koh Tsu Koon found out he lost that night on March 8, he ordered some gangsters to Komtar and they managed to burn about 8 bags of documents. :mrgreen:

The policemen came too late. The gangsters didn't burn all and managed to 'cabut' with a few bags. :clap:

16. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Huh?? Seriously??

17. bslee

bslee Newbie

There's been so much controversial rumors and hearsay making its rounds that results in the phone companies laughing all the way to the bank!. They must be thinking they never had it so good!

18. Brian

Brian Newbie

no, the issue is that DAP had stated in public that they are not working with PAS. if DAP wins the most seats in BR and PAS takes the menteri besar post, what would happen? your spin doctors and MCA would have a field day screaming that they sold the bla bla off, lied and stuff

It's a lose lose situation now

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yup. Reported by a ballot counter nearby... :mrgreen: And the gangsters got scolded because they don't know much. Asked them to do, they do lo. :haha:

20. Adrian Wong

Seriously??? I didn't know that. WTH!! :mad: