Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Brian

Brian Newbie

yes

and they need only 50(+)% of the seats, the 2/3rds is required for them to amend the constitution

that's exactly why we want to deny BN their 2/3rds. stop them from changing the constitution according to their whims and fancies at the time.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Indeed. And the most important thing to remember is this...

After over 50 years of BN leadership, why are we going backwards?

The TV stations keep showing that stupid advertisement that says we are on the right track. The question is... where does that track lead to exactly?

From what I've seen so far, BN is on the right track only for the UMNOputras and their cronies. They want you to stay on track, so that they can keep stealing our country's wealth and resources.

If that's what you want, by all means, vote for them. Just don't bother complaining when they openly steal our money and thumb their noses at us. ;)

I, for one, am going all the way back to Penang to cast my vote. Otherwise, I have no right to complain about the injustices perpetrated by our own elected leaders.

Of course, it's your right to decide who to vote for. I, for one, am openly declaring that BN deserves to be punished for the damage they have done to our country. We need to step up to OUR responsibility and VOTE THEM OUT! :mad:

3. Adrian Wong

TBH, I suspect Badawi's 2004 pledge was really his "Not To Do" list.

When you think about it, not only has he NOT accomplished anything in his 2004 pledge, he actually did the OPPOSITE! :doh:

1. Increased corruption.
    2. Increased crime rate.
    3. Reduced freedom of religion.
    4. Reduced personal freedom.
    5. Reduced government transparency.
    6. Reduced media freedom and transparency.
    7. Reduced economic competitiveness and opportunities.
    8. Increased inflation.

Everything he said he would do in 2004, he had done the OPPOSITE. He's either too stupid, or just plain crazy. Either way, I'm not stupid or crazy enough to vote him back. :hand:

4. Adrian Wong

You don't need 2/3 of the seats to form a government. Just a simple majority. You only need 2/3 of the seats to amend the Constitution without opposition.

And that's the danger in BN's assertion they need 2/3rd of the seats. There's no reason for them to require 2/3rd of the seats. If the laws and amendments they make are good, the opposition should and probably would agree and vote aye as well.

They only need 2/3 of the seats to do whatever they want, the country be damned. If we give any government 2/3 of the seats, it's virtually the same thing as giving them 100% of the seats because the opposition is toothless. :hand:

As for PAS, DAP and PKR winning a majority of the seats, by right, they can form a coalition government. But I remember BN saying that such a coalition is not possible as it had "not been registered". Of course, that's bullshit, but it's BN bullshit, backed by the machinery of the government including the police, the judiciary, etc.

5. bslee

bslee Newbie

As more truths emerge, I can only but see anyone who votes BN now, is either bought over with empty platitudes or plain selfish and self centered for own well being. The rest of us go buy 4Ekor and jaga ekor diri?.. is that the Malaysia we're supposed to inherit?. BN reps are presenting themselves to voters with the same shit in different buckets..thats all!.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Government servants are forced to vote BN too, don't forget.

7. Brian

Brian Newbie

I don't think they need to form some official alliance under some name or whatever. As long as they agree to form a coalition government and have more than 50% of the seats they should be fine. Well at least that's how it works in most other places.

8. Adrian Wong

Yup, they should not need to register an offical alliance or anything. You can see that in other countries. But I believe BN will pull this kind of trick if they do ever lose more than 50% of the votes to the opposition. With the judiciary in their pockets, they can say and do anything.

9. bslee

bslee Newbie

Rogue governments like the Nazis and many others subscribe along those lines and thereon hold on to absolute power. Same shit, different buckets.
    Nope..they're not to be trusted now or in future, they've blew it since 2004.

10. Adrian Wong

Here is a letter someone wrote to the editor of Malaysia-Today. A very honest evaluation of the media coverage for this general election.

11. Brian

Brian Newbie

It's called a brainwash. It's called dividing people by race and ruling. It's called fooling the electorate.

They blew it since 1987, not 2004. It's only that now people get to access alternative sources of information. Guess what? We're still in a minority. Wait a few more years for more people to be able to access the net.

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I just came back from MCA ceramah + free supper (fake shark fin, fish, pork, duck, etc etc)

People were there just to eat, I pity that speaker who speak but no one seems to listen

Kar Hoe's Blog - Barisan Nasional free meal

13. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

it's not really free. it's all tax payers money. my money, your money, everyone's money except the politician themselves.

14. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

15. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The ceramah that I went to at Berapit, Penang (1st March 2008). Recorded by my friend's handphone, quality is bad, but audio still can go... :mrgreen:

01032008020.mp4

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  16. bslee

bslee Newbie

I went to a DAP ceramah at USJ12 last nite. Despite the rain just before, and towards the end, people stuck on with umbrellas and there were 1000+ people. Its really encouraging and never before seen in SJ/USJ. There were many people whom I saw and I know WOULDN'T come out for this kind of event. BUT these folks CAME OUT!..and it CERTAINLY OF ISSUE when they come out. I'm guessing their decision IS NOT wrong this time and DAP rep said he personally felt happy the response IS GREAT for winds of change this time!
    I'm certain BN factions are trembling in their pants...the hell with them anyway!...they've blown it for us all since 1999.
    Folks!.. its doesn't matter...Vote for DAP/PKR/PAS/Inde. Deny, Deny 2/3 majority..THAT'S the objective.

17. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Haha, and you don't need free makan to lure people to the ceramah.

18. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

If Ghost also support them, how are they going to lose??? :mrgreen:

DYKT: It was reported that there are over 8000+ registered voters who are above 100 years old? Woohoo... I didn't know that. :clap: :dance:

20. bslee

bslee Newbie