Malaysia's Elections 2008 (Before, During & After)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dashken, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Have you seen the underaged kid, found on the SPR website, was a registered voter? (based on the IC!)

2. bslee

bslee Newbie

Ah!.. ironic we've to tolerate a FLAWED facility on the internet. Time check March 2008?.. still running on that Intel Pentium with mathematical flawed internals leh?
    Anyway..are they (BN) not telling everyone not to believe things on the internet?.. another minister saying internet bloggers are a nuisance?..BTW, whats happened to our "multimedia corridor"?..gone fart and forgotten perhaps?.
    DYKT: hardly anything regarding to IT is discussed in Parliament?..why?..because they're incompetant and zilch IT knowledge. How to go forward dah???? Instead they tell you, Kalau tak suka boleh .... or tutup mata saja leh!...

3. Chai

Or Kalau tak suka, balik *insert your native country*.

4. bslee

bslee Newbie

Oh well.. We press the "BN" key (secretly its the Delete function key)

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Don't feel guilty. They are using our money. It's so obvious. It's actually illegal. According to what I know...

It's obvious that all these BN candidates are spending way in excess of RM 100K or 200K. In fact, there was a report that UMNO is giving at least RM 2 MILLION to each candidate to run their campaigns. Obviously, UMNO is above the law. ;)

6. Adrian Wong

There are always those who believe that their business or careers (government servants) will be affected if BN is not in power. Well, IMHO, BN will still be in power even if most of us vote for the opposition. Like it or not, their gerrymandering has more or less assured them the ability to form a government.

However, there is NO reason for them to ever have a 2/3 majority. No GOOD reason at least. Therefore, we must at least vote in enough opposition seats to ensure we have people who can fight against any misconduct by BN MPs.

For Penang people who always think they are clever by voting for the opposition in the Parliament seats but retaining BN in the State seats, well, that's plain stupid too. The lack of opposition in the State has resulted in the federal government (read : Badawi & SIL) running slipshod over the people of Penang.

Have you guys not heard of PGCC (Penang Global City Centre)? Even though it is illegal in so many ways, Badawi just came in and ordered the state government to expedite its approval, DESPITE numerous protests by the people. Is that the kind of state government you want? Don't be fools!

I'm a Penang-kia and I will be returning to cast my vote for the future of Penang. I don't see it in the BN government any more. Koh Tsu Koon has been squandering Penang's potential for years. It's time we send him and his people packing. :hand:

7. Adrian Wong

That's nothing. There are over 8000 voters who are over 100 years old! There are even two of them who are 128 years old. :shock:

BTW, check this out... DAP workers found at least 13 duplicates in a bunch of 2600 postal votes.

8. Adrian Wong

Here's a very good column by M. Bakri Musa. Please copy and forward to all your friends and relatives. :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

And this is Raja Petra's take on the "Winds Of Change"! :beer:

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

What about the enormous amount they spent on TVC and internet ads? I thought they have budget?

11. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

hehe, it can be said that Malaysia is The Land of the Dead. :) Only during General Election period.

12. Adrian Wong

Obviously, they are spending a lot of money on those. But I think that's what the party spends. Each BN candidate was given at least RM 2 million to spend on their local campaigns, or so the report states.

13. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

14. jasperchc

jasperchc Newbie

OMG, the kennysia.com Who-To-Vote-For-This-Election Decision Generator™ says that i should vote for Keadilan, now i am totally lost as to who to vote, DAP or Keadilan???? :haha:

15. Chai

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO Same... :haha:

17. bslee

bslee Newbie

To all GE2008 voters, lets deny 2/3 majority for a better future. Please think again for everyone's future and NOT allow another 5 years of crooks and scoundrels to run amok.

Attached Files:

18. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Huh? Your place got 3-corner fight is it? Aiya... any opposition also can la, as long as it's not dacing. :thumb:

I also got Keadilan but my place only DAP. :dance:

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Woohoo... spread the news!!! :dance:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Pui... wa tak caya sama lu liao!!! :o :mad: :evil: