Malaysia's Space Travel

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by The_YongGrand, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

:haha: So true.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, selling jets is not only about money, it's also about leverage. Makes sense for the US to sell some F-18s to Malaysia. Then they would have some leverage if our government starts to do funny things. :haha:

This is why countries that want to ensure complete independence will always spend money and time to develop their own military might than buy cheaper solutions from foreign countries.

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

We and the whole TeamARP should go to space instead! :thumb: Much better PCs can be made up there!

There we will make or produce ultimate-strength processors with 2GB high-speed cache and amazingly low-voltage core! Then, clock speeds up to 1 Terahertz. What else? Infinity-level of pixel-pipelines graphics card! Advanced level of physics processors? Super-solid-state electronics and superconductor made and operating in room temperature! And also, very quick flash devices that will instantly replace mechanical hard disks!! Auto-dialysis machines that are small enough (like handphone size) to be inserted into body replacing broken kidneys. Ambulatory MRI machines. and more!! :thumb:

We admit that the G are sending in a space tourist, that's all. NASA even said that it's a space participant. at least if we go there, we might acheive 1,000,000 stuff up there. :haha: :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

And when you bring them down, they won't work. :haha: :haha:

OT : It will be harder to operate high-end computers in space... cause you don't have air to help cool it down. You can only rely on radiation and conduction to surrounding components.

Well, have to give him credit for passing the training la... At least he did "something". But if you ask me whether he's the best or the most suitable we can send up for the task, I have to doubt it.

Certainly, it was NOT WORTH sending him up... just to "inspire" the nation. :nuts: Honestly, I don't feel inspired at all. If anything, I feel quite disgusted at how they wasted our money. :hand:

5. The_YongGrand

And from the interviews they still stress on "We are the accomplished cosmonauts", and stuff like "comparisons between astronauts and cosmonauts", and silly little micro debates. :nuts:

I have to praise them for launching up to the space and see the wonderful stars and the galaxies, and even complete the training, but NOT for they started to brag like a frog (if you read the story - the frog and the cow) and feel very much complacent after the journey.

Well, they are all up in the space. We will see about the results later. :mrgreen:

6. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Hmmm

Here's me wondering what the applications of these experiments would be.... :wall:

7. Adrian Wong

IMHO, nothing will come out of those experiments except the fact that they will be mentioned in the history books that all Malaysian children will have to memorize from henceforth. :mrgreen:

8. The_YongGrand

...and then these backfired when students are forced to remember these.

Why not in schools they promote a little bit more of those "hands-on" classes, like electronics, electrics, gardening and the stuff like that? The Kemahiran Hidup (Home economics) in schools ain't enough, and we need more of those, like vocational stuff. At least that will propel students for better science, and then some more research, and then the development of rockets?:mrgreen:

9. Adrian Wong

Cause we are using the British system... albeit mangled badly by our ill-informed "leaders" who are more interested in giving more students unearned degrees and free As than increasing the quality of education.

Anyway, that's going off-topic already. Let's keep it to our "space programme"... :haha: :haha:

10. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

this space thingy reminds me...what happened to those measuck and tiungsuck satellites? no news one? :lol:

11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

"Anyway, that's going off-topic already. Let's keep it to our "space programme"... :haha: :haha:[/QUOTE]"

Well I think you guys should ally with usa. They would be happy to sell yous stuff.:) But the public canings would have to stop or... Or some other bs like that.:nuts:

Anyway they had to be rusky jets, cuz 'they' flew him up already.:lol:

Now my question is, who would you (Maly) be defending herself from that yous needs 18 fighter jets? (of any type):think:

12. Adrian Wong

TBH, there's nothing to defend against. Singapore is too reliant on Malaysia to attack us. Thailand has too much trouble with terrorists in the southern provinces to attack us. The last time Indonesia tried to invade us in the Confrontation, they had their asses licked in our jungles.

It's really less of a need, and more of an opportunity - to skim some of the money for their own "needs". These deals are worth millions of dollars. Even 1% will give you a very nice retirement plan. :D

13. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yea, Malaysia at war with their two diesel powered WWII class subs, old jets, crashing choppers would stand up well.

Those things cost a lot of money. Especially when the public have to help fill up politician's pockets before buying those aged things.

All that is pretty much a joke.

But why would anyone attack em. There's no fun in that. :p

Anyways, let the jokes begin.

'New crew and a tourist arrive at space station' @ Reuters.

New crew and a tourist arrive at space station | U.S. | Reuters

LMAO! PWNT by the TITLE!

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I LOLed hard :thumb: :haha:

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

cook nasi lemak.

16. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

17. Adrian Wong

LOL! A really apt title! :haha: :haha:

18. Adrian Wong

19. The_YongGrand

Yes, according to these Nasa webpages.

I'm wondering how are they doing the Malaysian food experiments there too. :shifty:

I afraid they might be labelled 'can-or-not' later... :haha:

20. pyroboy1911

pyroboy1911 Newbie

:think: :think: maybe they should try spinning the roti canai in space, see whether it will get bigger than the ones made on earth..